Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Do music threads inspire you to…
  • psling
    Free Member

… revisit music you haven’t listened to for some time? And, do they encourage you to seek out and listen to stuff that you’ve never heard of/listened to/outside of usual genres?

Just listening to some stuff I haven’t listened to in a while as a result of the current crop of music threads (Lynyrd Skynyrd live at Atlanta FTW)

Ooops! Wrong forum 😳

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Do music threads inspire you to…

post in the correct section?

psling
    Free Member

Mmm, can’t report own post…

DezB
    Free Member

… revisit music you haven’t listened to for some time?

Not very often.

do they encourage you to seek out and listen to stuff that you’ve never heard of/listened to/outside of usual genres?

Yes.

However, only one thread has really done that, and that was the Tune Association Thread (RIP 😥 ).
    Discovered loads of new stuff through other folk’s postings, rediscovered a few things ( eg. Psychedelic Furs 1st album)
    through it.
    Seems to me most people are happy listening to the same old genre over and over and like stuff that uses sounds they are already familiar with. Good luck to em.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Discovered this:

from a STW thread this year…

deluded
    Free Member

And, do they encourage you to seek out and listen to stuff that you’ve never heard of/listened to/outside of usual genres?

Absolutely – I’ve got into a fair few bands after listening to stuff off here, however most (not all) are my sort of music, they’re generally just groups I’ve not heard or taken much notice of before.

emsz
    Free Member

Sometimes, there are a few People on music threads whos opinions I pay attention to, but I’m not really interested in the whole Led Zep/ ACDC stuff that a lot of blokes on here seem to just listen to. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Do music threads inspire you to…’ is closed to new replies.