Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • do i want ec90 carbon bar ends ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

weight 81 grams and suceptible to damage !

simca bar ends …58 grams and bomb proof

any real reason to change to them ? The reason i ask is i asked my boss to get me cane creek ergogrip bar ends…heavy but comfy…

order came in today with ec90s in … they look pimp but i doubt ill keep em unless there is a good reason to …
    all i can come up with is that they aint freezing in cold weather like alloy ones can be !

clubber
    Free Member

Swap them for the ones you want – the EC90s don’t even look nice 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

yes your right …. sensible head on …

they do look comfy though ! …sure the ergos will be comfier 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

IME Smica other similar stubbie bar ends are far from comfortable each to their own I guess.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i usua.lly use ergon grips … but they weigh loads and trying to get away from them….but i may just have to splash out and put up with the weight for the comfort they offer

Stu

You’ve changed… 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i’ve got some woodman ones waiting on my shelf for the day i go back to flat bars. Not weighed them bus suspect its a gnats chuff over not much.

trail_rat
    Free Member

haha stu

carbon bike …bad crack .. got slower …need light bike to keep speed up ! see you sunday !

njee20
    Free Member

No, they look awful! Smica are much better! I’ve got the carbon ones for unnecessary pimpery. They’re heavier than the alu ones mind!

judderman
    Free Member

Had a pair of Smica’s very light, comfy and strong, replaced with a pair of EC90’s just to show off, now prefer the EC90’s after a few rides: you just get used to whatever you have. Moral of the story: Bling wins over practicallity every time!

Stu

Aye, I’ll be there Terry. Course sounds ‘interesting’ 🙂 You in expert?

trail_rat
    Free Member

yes stu expert …. chasing karl mott and ricky mcD is the best i can hope for …. id like to say ill go out and win it in honour of andy C but i dont have the legs for that ill leave that to andy Barlow

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘do i want ec90 carbon bar ends ?’ is closed to new replies.