Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Do i really need a car
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

“. Daihatsu – Cheap as chips and reliable but you will look like a clown. i.e. Nippa. I bought one because I couldn’t stand the monsoon rain.
    2. Toyota Yaris or Starlet – reliable and cheap to maintain.
    3. Honda Civic- reliable but expensive parts.
    4. Suzuki Swift – reliable but expensive parts because Swift was only recently introduced.
    5. Mitsubishi Colt – reliable and parts reasonable if you know where to find otherwise parts can be slightly expensive but not as expensive as Honda.
    6. Mazda 2 – reliable but nothing fancy and parts cheap too.
    7. Nissan Micra – surprisingly not common in the far east but generally reliable …

that is a list of just about all the most expensive small cars you could hope to insure as a new driver.

br
    Free Member

Buy winter 125 or bike I don’t mind binning

and still hurt yourself…

I’ve always had a car as a backup, as in I always bought new M/C’s but ran old cars. In 2011 I missed less than 5 days riding due to frost/snow, but I then lived down near London – so far warmer and more traffic to keep the roads clear.

I now live north of you, and if I was contemplating a M/C for commuting, based on 2012/13 I’d need a backup plan for at least 4 months.

Anyway, did you check how much the premium lowered but putting a high excess on fully comp quotes?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Last year i think we had a week of snow. Loooks like it may have to be car then. Yeah fully comp took prices even higher.

Cheapest quote is a 1.0 Litre Corsa at £700 TPFT, 1200 Comp
    2nd Is Yaris £1,000 tpft, 1300 Comp
    1.6 litre Focus £1500 tpft and 2200 comp.

chewkw
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member

that is a list of just about all the most expensive small cars you could hope to insure as a new driver.

😆 I think it depends on your postcode etc …

I think I still have some of the JapLand small cars missing from the list so look around.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Do i really need a car’ is closed to new replies.