Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Do I not like that!! (RIP Graham Taylor)
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Graham Taylor has died. He was a pretty good club manager and talked about lot of sense. Didnt deserve the turnip treatment.

grahamt1980

Piss off I’m still breathing

BoardinBob

72. Did not think he was as old as that. Agreed the turnip treatment was unnecessary. I believe it was The Sun that did it. Speaks volumes.

Nico
    Free Member

and talked about lot of sense

A fair assessment 🙂

The Sun headline was simply the sun spotting a “Swede” pun. That and the usual sideline expert syndrome.

Garry_Lager

RIP – proper football man.

doris5000

Platty! Platty! Platty!

Just reading about him now. Took Watford from the 4th Division to runners up in the top tier in the space of 5 years. That’s got to be one of the all time great achievements in league football management.

Always seemed like a lovely bloke too.

gobuchul
    Free Member

“Tell your mate he just cost me my job”.

grizedaleforest

Met him when he came to see my son’s U11 village football team get beaten 15-0 🙂 Genuine, charming and clearly loved football. Looking at my photos of the day and sad that he’s gone.

Klunk
    Free Member

RIP Mr Taylor.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izp2qRTqT_w[/video]

smack some bottom ! 🙂

binners

RIP indeed. Unfairly maligned. Great pundit who clearly knew what he was on about.

They should repeat the documentary ‘Do I Not Like That’, which if not seen, is well worth a viewing. There’s not a cat in hells chance any documentary maker would ever get that kind of access to an England manager and squad again. He seemed to spend most of it with his head in his hands.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Really got into football at the age of 10 at World cup 1990, so the subsequent Taylor years were a real part of my footballing youth! Sad to hear he has passed.

stewartc
    Free Member

Had a tough job following Bobby Robson, hope he is somewhere nice where referring decisions do not send him down.

theotherjonv

Ah, that documentary.

Can we not knock it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

RIP

As above did a great job at W’ford. Unfairly maligned? Yes probably, but his record as England manager was the second worst, so not totally unexpected. Its a(n impossible) job where results against (unrealistic) expectations are all that seem to count.

Enjoyed his radio stuff.

xico
    Free Member

RIP.

Unfairly maligned as England manager – a football man through and through.

dragon
    Free Member

RIP

I think he was fairly self aware and a decent bloke. However, his record with England wasn’t, and he didn’t do himself any favours with his handling of Lineker. Why he took him off in that last game (with Lineker one off the record), when it was clearly the midfield that was the problem who knows. As ever the FA need to take some blame for appointing someone who’s style was unlikely to translate to the international game.

badnewz
    Free Member

Sad to hear he has passed. Looking at the players he had to pick from as England manager, I think as above he was unfairly treated by the media. Lineker was well past his prime, Gazza was injured and not playing, and Carlton Palmer was one of the country’s best midfielders!
    Oh, and Koeman should have been sent off!
    I shall miss listening to his voice on Five Live.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Do I not like that!! (RIP Graham Taylor)’ is closed to new replies.