Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Do I need any parts? Ultergra Di2 brake the wrong way …..
  • womp
    Free Member

Hi

I have ordered online a cube agree with UDi2 the brakes are the wrong way round for me, before I start to tinker do I need any parts or is it just a quick cable swap ?

lunge

Should be a cable swap, can’t think of anything else you’ll need.

njee20
    Free Member

Cable swap. You may want new I need to hand – cut ones often don’t like being rethreaded, as you’ll have to pull them out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    akira

New bar tape.

scotroutes

Anyone supplying a bike for sale in the UK have legal obligation to supply them the right way round.

However, it’s just a question of fitting new inners. Try not to reuse the old ones as it damages the liner and it can be difficult rethreading.

krixmeister

@scotroutes’ comment is interesting. Is front/right rear/left really a legal obligation, like reflectors would be? Or is it a convention?

In any case, per above, should only need bar-tape, if you can’t reuse the tape you pull up.

Edric64
    Free Member

Didn’t know you had to sell a bike with cables a certain way round .When only using a front on my fixed its on the left so I can brake and signal right at the same time

wwaswas

There is an alternative to all that faff switching cables round;

Sundayjumper

Part of BS6102.

There must be two braking systems fitted. One system must operate on the front wheel with the brake lever on the right handlebar and the other must operate in the rear wheel with the lever on the left handlebar. A locknut must secure the brake assembly to the frame, the brakes must not bind and only contact the braking surface. The failure of a brake cable must not inhibit rotation of the wheels.

orangeboy
    Free Member

bar tape and new cables / casing
    But you might get away without the tape but be a shame for a new bike to look tatty so soon

Or you could add an inline adjusted to the cable outer on the left hand side to avoid undoing the tape

scotroutes

Cubes are normally supplied with the bar tape unfitted.

womp
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips

I bought the bike in the knowledge the brakes where euro not UK fitment, it was an ex display so bar tape fitted

njee20
    Free Member

Cable swap. You may want new I need to hand – cut ones often don’t like being rethreaded, as you’ll have to pull them out.

I’ve no idea why my phone auto corrected the relevant word, which was “inners”, I was assuming it wasn’t taped, so yes, if it is you’ll want new tape too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Do I need any parts? Ultergra Di2 brake the wrong way …..’ is closed to new replies.