Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Do I need a mosquito net?
  • Mbnut
    Free Member

That’s it really…. looking to sleep out under a tarp attached to the back of the van on a fold out bed http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3408427.htm

Mostly the SE and Wales plus the odd trip north.

Will be in a sleeping bag.

If I need one got any recommendations?

Thanks

whitestone
    Free Member

Here comes the answer you didn’t want to hear …

It depends.

Park up somewhere with a breeze and you’ll be fine as midges struggle with any wind. Park up in trees and get a muggy still night and you’ll be mugged. 😥

sandwicheater

^^^ What he said. Still remember fondly a friend who didn’t make it back to the tent after watching Fort Bill DH. His face in the morning was interesting.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

^I would take both of those answers as a big old YES!^

leftyboy
    Free Member

What’s the downside, other than cost, of having a mosquito net? I’d get one and use it that way you’re as sure as you can be that they won’t get you.

epicyclo

They’re stifling. And you’ll trap a brazillion midges inside when you get in.

badnewz
    Free Member

All you need is a bottle of Avon Skin so Soft. Nets only work if they are fully tucked in otherwise if a mozzi gets in it will be there all night.

rene59
    Free Member

Can’t you just kip in the back of the van if there are wee beasties about? Save the tarp and bed for sleeping out during breezy nights.

trademark
    Free Member

If you require a net then Mosquito net, no.

MIDGE net, yes.

Big difference. Midges will fly through a mosquito net as the mesh is not as fine.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Sounds like I need a Midge net or two then.

It will be me and my lad so there will be bikes in the back of the van.

I do dread midges ruining our trips so we will go equipped with nets and a couple of bottles of Smidge!

I have always eaten plenty of Marmite when away as I heard tell they don’t like that and so far I have been fine but the boy don’t like the stuff.

Cheers all.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Do I need a mosquito net?’ is closed to new replies.