Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • do i need a downhill bike for dalby forest?
  • shaggmiester
    Free Member

do i need a downhill bike for dalby forest? i know that its the most techinical riding in the country but was wondering if i need to take a downhill bike?

wombat

No no no no no!!!!

Not even slightly 😉

Every bit of it is perfectly rideable on a 100mm travel hardtail…..

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Don't feed the troll!

ton

only if you wanna keep up with the tonmeister………. 😉

wombat

Sorry James, 1 Old speckled hen and I let myself go…schoolboy error 😳

ahwiles
    Free Member

this is a joke, yes?

(Dalby could have one of the nations finest Dh tracks, with THE quickest, easiest uplift. but the FE want none of it, which is fair enough, they're in charge, but i do sense a wasted oppurtunity)

james
    Free Member

What, this has got to be a troll?
    Where on earth did you hear it was the most technical riding in the country?
    On the simplest (graded groomed trail centre) level, dalby has red and black trails, with some low level north shore

There are at least 3 double black graded routes at forestry commision sites I can think of, off the top of my head (Laggan Black, Stainburn Warren boulder trail, Mabie Kona Dark Side), let alone freeride trails/features and downhill trails
    Oh and then theres everything thats not fully signposted as well ..

keavo
    Free Member

dh bike is about as appropriate as a road bike, for dalby red.

james
    Free Member

Nah, a road bike would be more appropriate than a DH bike. I can't see why a cross bike couldn't handle dalby red just fine, so on a dry enough day, a road bike ought to be alright?

keavo
    Free Member

o.k. you are correct.

dasnut
    Free Member

yes, yes you do

ton

very probably….. 😆

shaggmiester
    Free Member

i may take my 224 then, or better still, just go on a road ride somewhere, thanks for the replys guys

MtbCol
    Free Member

Judging by the amount of big travel bikes and full face helmets about at Dixons Hollow yesterday whilst we were clearing out for a new pump track, then yes you do. 😆

There is a very short official downhill further along in the forest that is fun on a downhill bike but its too short and crap to be honest.

There's plenty of off piste stuff that's great fun on a downhill bike though.. 😉

MartinGT
    Free Member

Uplift 😆 Ahhh, you guys crack me up.

Once saw some goons @ Dixons and they had all the gear and DEFFO no Idea. A girl of approx 12 was getting some mental air compared to them

shermer75
    Free Member

[img]http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/troll.jpg[/img][/img]

yunki
    Free Member

shaggmiester has been sniffing tons hair removal cream when they're in the shower I reckon..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘do i need a downhill bike for dalby forest?’ is closed to new replies.