Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Do I have to accept this?
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Order a bike about 10 days ago.
    Got a call today to say its being delivered.
    Also received and email this evening to say that the chainset I had asked for isn’t an option. Its being supplied with a 28/42 MTB one not the 34/50 that was on the website. Bugger all good to me like that. Website has now changed its spec.
    All this despite calls before and after order and email after order to check that they could change crank lengths slightly and being told yes. Lots of emphasis on it being the Road crank as advertised.
    I suppose I could buy a pair of chainrings but that’s more money.
    Anyway is this grounds for rejection should it not be possible sort something out?
    anyone want to swap some chainrings?

CountZero

Well, as I understand it, as the goods don’t match what was advertised, or what you’ve discussed over the phone, then you are within your rights to refuse the goods and have them returned.

jamiep
    Free Member

either accept the new spec or accept a refund which they should be fine withn. Not sure what your expectation is for them to “sort something out”

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Get the Bombers out and pay them a visit…

mattsccm
    Free Member

I would happily take another chainset or even some rings.Even some 32 and 48s would be ok Really want the bike but another 70 quid say is beyond a joke really.

Northwind

You don’t really need to think about grounds for rejection these days, the distance selling act gives you strong rights.

MSP

Most specs have the proviso that they can be changed/may be different etc.

Although the difference between a road and mtb crankset is quite fundamental IMO (what bike is it that would swap between road and mtb cranksets?)

You won’t get chainrings that size for an MTB crank.

See what the shop will do about changing the cranks, it isn’t really their fault if the manufacturer has changed the spec, but they might do a deal on swapping it for one you want.

mattsccm
    Free Member

CX bike Direct from manufacture.(well the brand owners website)
    No reason why something like 32/ 48 rings won’t fit, they exist for 104BCD. 50 exists but is rare.

maccruiskeen

As above, you don’t really need any reason to send it back.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ta. Will try to get them to swap some bigger rings. I usually ride a 30/40/triple on my rough stuff bike and could happily use a 48 outer with something like a 34 inner on a double.
    Anyone want some new rings?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Do I have to accept this?’ is closed to new replies.