Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Do I have a virus or is stw ****ed?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Anytime I click on ANY link on stw (another thread most commonly) it opens up another tab and lots of wee side windows and stuff open up too.

Apologies if this should have gone into the “malware problems” thread

stumpy01

Doesn’t sound right. Not doing that for me….

Stoner
    Free Member

what OS, what browser?

Almost certainly malware from your last grot fishing expedition, you dirty, dirty boy.

jam-bo

do the ads have a cloudscout icon in the corner?

got that on my work pc last week and its been a shit to get rid of.

z1ppy

D/l and run malewarebytes (free version, ignore the premium trial) and Adwcleaner and run them, then see if the problem has been cleared up.
    I’ve been cleaning PC’s the last week for friends and cannot believe how much spyware/malware ppl get without trying too hard (family PC’s) and have to admit managing to get my own pc infected with “adware” not long back.. it happens.

cinnamon_girl

Me too, other websites are fine.

Northwind

To be fair it is exactly the sort of thing STW does. But yes you put your cock in the wrong online lady and now you have a disease.

wwaswas

now that malwarebytes only has a limited free time install are there any other alternatives that don;t cost?

allthepies
    Free Member

Lay off the goat pr0n.

z1ppy

wwaswas – Member
    now that malwarebytes only has a limited free time install are there any other alternatives that don;t cost?

Since when? Installed it yesterday without issue… you didn’t accept the free 30 day premium trial did you? I’ve used other maleware tools without issue, but they tend to be very shouty, waving shitty stick at everything and get overly excited about how great they are

wwaswas

No, sure I didn’t accept the premium trial.

Uninstalling and will try a clean install

z1ppy

it’s an option “pre-ticked” if you’ve just gone thru clicking “next.. next.. next..” which I used to do all the time, it may be why your seeing a limit. Now I stop and read some (not all!) of the crap to avoid the free toolbars and other shite

cynic-al
    Free Member

I only use reputable pron sites 8)

Seriously though my lappy has been getting slow of late so looks like time for a re-install of W7

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the tip re malwarebytes, all sorted hopefully.

plyphon
    Free Member

Its always worth running ADWCleaner after malware bytes also.

CountZero

I just wish Audi would quit demanding my location every time I open up STW. Quite getting on my tits now! 👿

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Do I have a virus or is stw ****ed?’ is closed to new replies.