Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Do I gamble…?
  • eightyeight
    Free Member

I’ve got a few stitches in my elbow from Sunday which are due out next Wednesday. I’m due to race the Gravity Enduro at Inners the following Sat/Sun.

Basically, I’m not sure whether to sell my place now or gamble on my elbow having healed up and being able to race with out re-tearing it / doing further damage.

I really want to race, but at the moment have no mobility at all so think maybe I’ve just kidding myself.

Euro
    Free Member

toss a coin (tails never fails)

nixon
    Free Member

Depends on how harsh you injury was to begin with I’d say. If it was just a cut to the skin then I’d say go for it, if you re-tear it it will bloody hurt, and the hospital might be a bit annoyed with you, but I wouldn’t think there would be any long term repercussions (not that I have any medical knowledge). Best thing to do would be to give the appropriate medical practitioners a ring to find out the average healing times for your particular injury, and go from there.

Hope this helps.

lucien

If it’s OK to ride then it’s OK to race on it – as long as you cover any wound with protection and padding, I’d give it a go. Depends on the injury I guess, and also if riding aggravates it. When I’ve sought advice from various practioners, it always seems to be down to what I think, how I feel, and if there is stress on the injury.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Do I gamble…?’ is closed to new replies.