Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Do Giro do a crash replacement scheme?
  • Killer
    Free Member

I have a very old Giro Switchblade that has had a few knocks over the years and i don’t trust it any more.

Is it straight in the bin, or do Giro do a crash replacment scheme like Speczialized do?

JoB
    Free Member

you might have trouble arguing ‘a few knocks’ over ‘crash’ because you want a new helmet, but yes they do

cyclistm
    Free Member

I dropped mine in the garage and it split. I sent the helmet back and told them what I had done and they did replace it under the scheme. You have to pay a few quid for the helmet, its significantly under retail but, if you hunt about enough you can normally get an older colour scheme but same model cheaper elsewhere.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What Jo said, they do “crash replacement”, but you have to tell them about the crash that wrecked it, presumably it goes into some sort of R&D program.

OTOH, it used to be older stock and you couldn’t pick a particular color (might have been a list of 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice etc), and the reduced price was about the same as CRC etc were selling them anyway.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Google is your friend

I’d doubt your Switchblade was purchased within the last 3 years so it’s unlikely to qualify.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Just for the record I think my experience was pre-zyro

drovercycles
    Free Member

very old

This might be your issue. Helmets should generally be replaced every three years or so anyway – you’re right not to trust it if it’s way older than that. But it’s not what crash replacement is intended for.

Full policy details here:
    http://www.zyro.co.uk/giro/content/giroreplacement

Edit – beaten to it as a customer came in part way through writing the post. Full answers above!

BillOddie

You might not save much/anything looking at that pricelist.

I bought an Atmos II road helmet before Christmas for £50 (ie 50% off) , it’s on there for £60.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Do Giro do a crash replacement scheme?’ is closed to new replies.