Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • do dumb people have more fun?
  • samuri
    Free Member

My brother in law and his wife are both extremely clever physicists working for Northrop Grummond in LA but they have more fun than anyone I know (often revolving around car racing) and are great people to play computer games with over a glass or two or red so no.

What are they like in bed though?

johndoh
    Free Member

He’s good. Not had her though.

solarpowered
    Free Member

I don’t believe that I’m hugely intelligent but then I believe I’m surrounded by very clever people! I laugh a lot!….& I mean ALOT!

molgrips – Member
    adolescenttrackworld.com
    POSTED 4 HOURS AGO #

Can’t find above web site ???? 😆
    (And yes, I am blonde and believe that it does make a difference 😉 )

Kevevs
    Free Member

doesn’t matter where you go, or what you do, there are people far more knowledgeable or more skilled, intelligent etc than yourself. It’s all relative. Is it intelligence to acknowledge this fact? or sitting back in yer dunce-ness?

tazzymtb

I’m as thick as pig poo, and find many things amuse me. I’m also as easily distracted as a kitten in a tinsel factory.

iainc

Its weird how this thread is right next to the nano particles one…

DT78
    Free Member

I find what defines intelligence interesting.

Recently went to a conference with a ‘thought leader’ professor. Proper high brow discussion around chaos theory and why certain project management methodologies are more appropriate in certain circumstances. I could feel my IQ grow just listening to the guy.

Would I employ him to deliver something? Absolutely 100% not. No chance.

Kind of where the idea of EQ comes in.

Anyways, wine fueled ramble. I find most people I regard as ‘intelligent’ are not outwardly happy, they seem to feel that they haven’t lived up to their potential and keep striving for more. Whereas the not so gifted seem to be happy treading the same path, over and over….

tazzymtb

Its weird how this thread is right next to the nano particles one…

yeh if you read that one, you’ll see it’s taken a turn for the odd as well.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m sure that clever people enjoy rubbing their genitalia, looking at kittens and putting on warm socks* just as much as they like Challenging Literature, Real Music and Friday Sudoku’s.

Unfortunately there is a cornucopia of things at a BBC3 / any form of advertising level which will make them slightly embarrassed by the lack of ambition we possess as a species.

*Of course these are not to be done at the same time

Edit – there is a certain point where things seem to be to highbrow and take too much effort even for me. lots of “Culture” smacks of deliberate and tedious elitism.

mightymule
    Free Member

Stupid Black Cat Mark II has spent hours and hours and hours over the last week chasing his own feet, and he still hasn’t managed to catch them. He seems to be the happiest little cat in the known universe.

I, on the other hand, am (just) intelligent enough to be able to catch my own feet on the first try (mostly, depending on the level of whisky consumption), and I spend a considerable amount of time feeling grumpy and / or stressed.

Must be true then 😀

tazzymtb

*Of course these are not to be done at the same time

*removes sock wrapped kitten from genitals*

last bloody time I follow advice on here. It made sense as well as the sock kept the claws in….and it felt sooooooo fluffy

Kevevs
    Free Member

thing is, my idea of “dumb people” won’t even be on here to comment, it’s a good OP but now just stw navel gazing bollox really isn’t it? and strangely, Tazzy is one of the people I take notice of on here rather than the supposedly “intelligent” arguists! what does that say about me :/ anyway, everyone should try n have fun. otherwise what’s the point? sometimes it takes effort to do just that..

tazzymtb

“what does that say about me :/”

that you have impeccable taste darling xx

Kevevs
    Free Member

I like an independent voice on here.. ohh give me a kiss.. 😀

aracer
    Free Member

I find that thinking about things too much is one of the things which makes me unhappy – to the point where I really hate being in situations where I have plenty of time to think (and why I sometimes waste so much time on here, as it provides a distraction). Though clearly that’s an anecdote, it’s possible for less intelligent people to think a lot about stuff, I’m only assuming I’m intelligent on the basis of traditional views on intelligence as an IQ thing – oh, and I guess I might do better if I had happier stuff to think about.

tazzymtb

oh, and I guess I might do better if I had happier stuff to think about.

sounds like classic cognitive distortion 😕

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘do dumb people have more fun?’ is closed to new replies.