Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Do credit card firms have retention teams like mobile operators do?
  • tron
    Free Member

I’ve got a credit card that was one of the best deals around, but now isn’t. If I were a new customer, I’d be getting one of the best deals around.

I can’t really be bothered with cancelling, going to someone else and then coming back to my current card provider.

Is there any mileage in ringing up and haggling like you can with a mobile contract?

druidh
    Free Member

Do you run a high balance or do you pay it off every month? If it’s the latter they’re probably not that interested in you as a customer anyway.

jon1973
    Free Member

If you’re talking about interest rates / balance transfer charges, they’re not going to change those specifically for you. They may waive the odd charge for you. If you have a large outstanding balance, it does pay to look around though.

frazered
    Free Member

Yes you can negotiate balance transfer deals or other things

Check out stoozing.com

ComradeD
    Free Member

Yes they do. If you’ve got a balance on there they might be able to get you a lower interest rate for purchases. If you’ve just come off the original promo they will probably tell you to do one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Do credit card firms have retention teams like mobile operators do?’ is closed to new replies.