Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Do cranks need pedal washers? None came with my FSA aluminium Gossimers.
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Some shops said it would be ok without the pedal washers.

I think it’s just for carbon cranks…

Any advice appreciated.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Alu cranks, no.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thanks Cynic-al.

Saved me £3 from ordering some! 😀

austy
    Free Member

Just to muddy the waters I have a set of e13 TRSr alloy cranks and they say you have to use the pedal washers.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Millions of alu cranks the world over have no washers.

They are a nice thing and stop your cranks from getting scratched, but essential? No.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Ironically I found my FSA washers for my carbon cranks, they wouldn’t slide in flush. I didn’t even try with the pedal as the washer would get bent.

I found a pdf from FSA for another crank model, suggested to use washers carbon cranks.

I have tried my pedals and so far so good. I will email FSA or whoever supplies the U.K. just in case.

All I can see is they stopped the cranks being scratched by the pedals. Last thing I need is rain water weakening the arm.

Called 3 local bike shops in Bristol but no info. Hate relying on mail order due to living in the Fens 🙁

Frankenstein
    Free Member

So far ok cheers!

Finkill

Depends on your pedals really, if the flat face of the pedals is round the washer wont do much. If the spanner flats on the axle go all the way to the end, those edges will gouge into the crank as you tighten the pedal and chew up the face of the crank arm around the hole.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Do cranks need pedal washers? None came with my FSA aluminium Gossimers.’ is closed to new replies.