Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Do comfy sofa beds exist?
  • mudmuncher

My experience of these is they aren’t that great to sleep on – thin mattress and bits of metal frame sticking in your back and also not that comfy as sofas.

Need to get one and wondered if anyone has found one that is as comfy as a standard bed and as good as a normal sofa?

Don’t mind paying a bit extra for something that can meet this requirement.

Ours is the opposite. Very comfy bed but an incredibly crap sofa!

z1ppy

Yes, though ours smells of cat wee and needs binning (unfortunately)… and Tabby’s past away (naturally) too, luckily we don’t sleep on the sofa bed, saved for guests!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Ikea one here that was my bed for 6mths.
    Memory foam internally, nice bulk filling cushions, etc.

stevextc
    Free Member

I go along with thunder…..

I think unless you spend thousands its a choice of comfy sofa/crap bed or the opposite

(Obviously depending on your definitions of comfy)
    I like Futons for sleeping for example but not really as a sofa….

nealglover
    Free Member

Ikea do a daybed style one that is passable as a sofa, and good as a bed.
    It’s in white or grey wood and has a high back/sides.

Can’t remember the name but I’ll have a look later.

blitz

We’ve got this one and it’s really comfy as a bed and a nice sofa too. We didn’t pay £750 for it though. Got it about 12 years ago from MUJI in bluewater and it’s still going strong.

http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=19&Sub=82&PID=5266

matt_outandabout

Our old (expensive) futon was ace as sofa and bed. From some push Futon shop in York IIRC.
    Sadly, after a decade of stirling service, the frame was broken by two toddlers leaping from great height onto it…

jobless
    Free Member

Yes, definitely. john lewis i think its call the daily or somesuch. its has wooden slats where your weight is but crucially webbing ones where your feet are (in the bed mode). this means after its put away you are not sitting on wooden slats making the sofa comfortable.
    the mattress is pocket spring.
    its very comfortable both to sit on and to sleep on.

recommended.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Still got mine as main sofa and still comfy. Not sure, might have been an Argos job of all things. Key difference is it’s just simply two thick mattresses making up the seat and back with a cover over as sofa, and just take off cover and slide out as one big mattress. Means it doesn’t have to extend out that far into the room. Though does mean it’s a long sofa.

ell_tell
    Free Member

We have this one from Ikea for the spare room.

Ikea Lyckselle Havet

Not the greatest at being a sofa as it has no arms, but does a pretty good job at being a bed. I think they offer different levels of mattress too according to comfort and budget

mudmuncher

Thanks for the tips, will check out the suggestions

RichPenny
    Free Member

Am buying that ikea one in a week or so, will let you know if it’s comfy!

olly2097
    Free Member

Ikea day bed. I sleep on it when on nights. Awesome

batfink
    Free Member

oooooo! ME ME ME….

I started this thread a few months ago:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sofa-beds-any-better-these-days-or-still-total-sht

Following suggestions on there, we bought one of these: Ikea daybed

It’s excellent. Not really a great sofa, but it’s a fantastic bed, which was more of a priority for us. Depends on what you are going to primarily use it for. I wouldn’t have it in my lounge as an everyday sofa, but it’s great in the spare-room as a fold away guest bed.

WillH

We have a BEDDINGE LÖVÅS from Ikea which is ok as a sofa and very good as a bed.

FuzzyWuzzy

Just get a sofa with a chaise lounge section and you can sleep on that bit (assuming it’s only the odd night here and there).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Do comfy sofa beds exist?’ is closed to new replies.