Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Verrucas:- Do chemists sell scalpel blades?
  • mudmuncher

Got a troublesome verruca I need to get serious with.

Would prefer to get something sterile and sharp rather than a craft knife etc.

I can see them online but do chemists stock them?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Art supply stores sell scalpel blades and handles. Won’t be sterile but boil it up and you’re good to go. I’d recommend a 10A blade for minor surgical procedures.

allthepies
    Free Member

Knife is not recommended. I had a verruca for over 10 years, nothing would shift it.

Until! I tried a Wartner Gel Pen. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wartner-Wart-Verruca-Removal-Pen/dp/B0051PPM4S

Got shot of the verruca and it’s not returned since.

Give it a go.

Cougar

Craft scalpels are sharp. 30 seconds in a kettle will sterilise it.

IANAdoctor.

Cougar

(I had one when I was a kid. Didn’t know what it was. Dug it out with a pair of scissors. Did the job, but man did it ever bleed.)

bigdean

Son had one. Chemist wouldn’t sell anythjhg. Internet said try tank/ gaffa tape.
    Covered it for a week, minus one day to let air get to the skin and it fell off.

km79
    Free Member

You cant just slice them off, you need to dig out the root as well. My Leatherman is a good tool for minor DIY surgery.

CountZero

I’d recommend a 10A blade for minor surgical procedures.

Swann-Morton 10A scalpel blades – the tool of choice for graphic artists for decades! Not just for cutting up type and Letraset, but great for minor surgical procedures, like digging out splinters and thorns.
    I did read somewhere, I think it was in The Last Whole Earth Catalog, about using a Swiss Army knife to charm away warts and verrucas: left a big crater after digging it out, but got rid of the wart! 😀

andy4d

Try ‘end warts’ (does verrucas too) it works a treat.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Use banana peel on it.

butcher

You cant just slice them off, you need to dig out the root as well.

Yeah, they grow into you. Had a couple many years ago and nothing shifted them. Think I tried cutting them out multiple times!

uponthedowns
    Free Member

My uncle who was a consultant surgeon didn’t mess about when dealing with my cousin’s veruccas. He gave her some local anaesthetic and dug them out with a hot soldering iron!

oldtalent
    Free Member

I cut half way into mine with some nail clippers, then pulled the flap off with tweezers, which took the root with it. My god did it bleed. It was so brilliant I walk round manky public swimming baths hoping to get another.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I was spoilt for choice last week – ingrown big toenail on one foot, and a moderate size verucca on the other.

This week I am on antibiotics waiting for the hot razor blade sensation to go away from my toe, while my right heel remains bruised and tender around the hole I made getting the verucca out.

breninbeener

This thread is useless without pictures!

DT78
    Free Member

I had problems for years. Absolutely massive ones that caused me issues driving and walking in anything but solid soles. Tried all the above and loads of other things, vinegar, needling, months of being cut up by a doc etc… All of them are about getting your body to spot the virus and attack it. They eventually shifted when I went onto a medical trial for IVF. After a couple of weeks of massive amounts of vit c and folic acid (way over daily recommend amounts). All of a sudden they just sudden started shrinking in size and disappeared….

I have the photos somewhere, but the worst ones were the size of a £2 coin. Proper horrible.

mudmuncher

I cut half way into mine with some nail clippers, then pulled the flap off with tweezers, which took the root with it. My god did it bleed. It was so brilliant I walk round manky public swimming baths hoping to get another.

Don’t think I’ll be looking to get another, it’s flippin painful and I’ve not been able to walk any distance the last couple of months.

Suspect my refusal to wear crocks when we went camping end of last year has something to do with my predicament. The standard treatments, salycilic acid, duct tape etc. have failed. Off to hobby craft first thing tomorrow to get tooled up.

bearnecessities

I performed invasive surgery on mine as a child.

Did the innards remind anyone else of a crumpet?

Andy-R

mudmuncher – Member

Suspect my refusal to wear crocks when we went camping end of last year has something to do with my predicament.

But at least you’ve proved that you have standards. Bloody Crocks!

monkeychild
    Free Member

My youngest picked one up from the pool. We got some freeze spray and a week later Tata veruca

davidr

I bought sterile packaged disposable ones on Amazon. In fact if anyone needs one just Pm me and I’ll post one, I have a massive pack and don’t need them all.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Verrucas:- Do chemists sell scalpel blades?’ is closed to new replies.