• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by anjs.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Do cats have tonsils?
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Anyone know? I’ve tried peering down His Lordship’s throat when he yawns but that hasn’t really asnswered the question.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I vote this as “question of the century”

I just wish you’d posted it in the bike forum.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

pics!

Zedsdead
    Free Member
    Markie
    Free Member

“In general, cats don’t gag as often as dogs. The one exception is when an upcoming hair ball hits the throat. Cats will gag once or twice, then throw it up. Tonsillitis can also cause problems. “Cats have six tonsils, so imagine how it would feel if they were infected,” says Margie Scherk, D.V.M., a veterinarian in private practice in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

toys19
    Free Member

Mr Nutt +1.

From now on I’m substituting “the dogs bollocks” with “the cats tonsils..”

Zedsdead
    Free Member

cats are cool.

FAIL
    Free Member

6? Thats just showing off.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I met a cat today while out on a road ride.

Bombing downhill in the middle of naewhere and there he was. Middle of the road, utterly unconcerned by my approach, nearest house a mile in each direction.

Very friendly and chatty. Brilliant puss.

bassspine
    Free Member

how can cats have tonsils? they’re clockwork, that’s what makes the purring

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I did hear that cats had two sets of vocal chords – one for meoowing and one for purring.

But that doesn’t help does it.

6 sets of tonsils (do you have sets, or just tonsils?) does seem a bit excessive.

andrewh
    Free Member

do you have sets, or just tonsils?

Are they like trousers? You have a pair, but it’s really only one with two leg-sleves.

user-removed
    Free Member

Whilst sitting in a remote B&B recently, somewhere north of the Cairngorms, I noticed that my (male) dog had a crusty bit on his belly.

Upon closer inspection, the crusty bit appeared to be sitting atop a nipple so I googled it, and it turns out that male dogs do have nipples and that discharge is a bad thing.

So dogs have nipples.

Oh, sorry – mis-read the OP or something….

anjs
    Free Member

hmm just like male humans then

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Do cats have tonsils?’ is closed to new replies.