Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DMR Vault MG Superlight bearing change
  • pipiom
    Free Member

Anyone know where best to get these kits (eBay: any good?? or DMR)

Also: is this something I can do with basic bike tools (no bearing pullers) or do I need an adult (LBS?) to do it?

Stevelol
    Free Member

The eBay kits are fine, you can do it yourself all you need is a socket, Allen key and a soft faced hammer. Google for a video how to called something like “dmr vault vice video”.

pipiom
    Free Member

Cheers: just thought it worth a mention:

Superstar Ultra Mags,1 year old; bearings still holding up and still spinning like a good un.

DMR Vault Superlight MG, 6 months old; lateral play on shafts and bearings need changing (twice the price of the SS pedals and heavier)

WTF

honourablegeorge

Usually when Vaults develop slight play, a clean and regrease sorts it without a bearing change.

Ed Oxley has a good service video showing the procedure. I have three sets of Vaults, all more than a year old (olderst is about three years), never changed a bearing.

julzm
    Free Member

DMR vault SUPERLIGHTS had a manufacturing problem with then bushes on the pedal axle. My OH contacted them about lateral movement in his and they replaced them – not the actual pedals but the bushes etc. it was Martin Gibbs at upgrade bikes that dealt with it for us. Very helpful indeed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DMR Vault MG Superlight bearing change’ is closed to new replies.