Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • DMR V12 mags or Vaults
  • christof
    Free Member

As above.
    Your recommendations.

stevede
    Free Member

Vaults have a much better platform, bigger surface area and slimmer. I own a set and like them a lot. Superstar Nanos are a good budget option if the price of the vaults is putting you off. Unless you have small feet the v8/v12 platform is a little small imo.

porter_jamie

i have both and i prefer the vaults by a margin. they feel a lot more secure. only reason not to get them is they are more money

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Had v12’s for years, grat pedal.

Now run Vaults, which are better. Grip, platform size, thinner.

RustyMac

I have v12’s and love them, on one bike I need to replace the pins but have no idea how I am going to do this now the heads of the grub screws are full of crap. If I buy again I’d go for vaults.

Northwind

Out of those 2, I can’t see any reason why you’d choose V12s. But unless you really want the big platform, I’d say go with a Nano instead- apart from size, they’re just as good, except cheaper and lighter.

andymc06
    Free Member

Vaults are 99g lighter than standard Nano’s. (ie almost a fifth lighter)

Vaults 400g
    Nano’s 499g
    Nano with Ti axle 435g

I switched from Nano’s to Vaults and although the Nano’s are superb value I think the Vault is a better pedal overall.

ahwiles
    Free Member

V8’s

cheaper than V12’s, and they last longer.

(i’ve only got size 8 feet, i quite like the small size of V8/12’s)

Holyzeus
    Free Member

I’ve had V8’s, V12’s, nano’s and now ultra mags. nano’s were the best IMO

simmy
    Free Member

Love my Vaults, got some 5-10’s and have just been through some mud that came upto the Brake Discs ( not intentionally ) and managed to pedal straight through without any slipping feet.

Had some V8’s and kept falling off them, might have been my lack of experience, but the Vaults feel so so secure 😀

Northwind

andymc06 – Member

Vaults are 99g lighter than standard Nano’s. (ie almost a fifth lighter)

That’s the heaviest possible Nano you’ve quoted there! The mag bodied grubscrew one is about 350g (and can be ti-axled down to well under 300g- my MN-06s are 280g)

andymc06
    Free Member

No I quoted standard Nano’s vs Standard Vaults. You should have said certain custom Nano’s are lighter than standard Vaults. 🙂

I was just going off the first hit on their website and also the choice I faced when the Vaults came on my new (second hand) bike.

imnotverygood

Got V8s V12s Nanos & Vaults. Liked the nanos but Vaults best by a distance.

p7rich
    Free Member

I rode V12s for TEN years. Loved them. Now have Vaults on 2 out of 3 bikes. Love the Vaults twice as much. 😀 Buy right, buy once.

Northwind

That’s not a custom Nano, it’s one of their main line . There’s all sorts of other ones but no importers- the AN-01 looks mint but can’t find it in stock 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘DMR V12 mags or Vaults’ is closed to new replies.