Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • DMR V Twin + Fiveten Hellcats
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

I’m a flat pedal rider, I just have the problem that the feel I like/want doesn’t have the grip I want a lot of the time.

I like the feel and support of a big platform, I like flexi shoes that mold into the big platform, I like to have feel of what’s going on and the amount of load through my feet, I like to move my feet around, I achieve this with short pins. However I have the obvious side effect that when I’m in the rough, my feet don’t stay put.

If I use long pins, my foot gets stuck in one position which is usually the wrong one and I have to end up thinking about my footing rather than just getting on with it.

Last year I tried giro chambers and mallet DH, think the chambers were too stiff, felt disconnected, didn’t really feel like they really sat on the platform, don’t think I got on with the crank brothers clipless system, vague getting in, bit more difficult to get out in the emergency moments.

Thinking the v twin with the shim system will ensure platform support, read the hellcats are on the flexi end, correct?

SO looking to feel a platform, be able to float about a little but not have to think about my foot position or my foot coming off.

roastdinner
    Free Member

I’m the same as you, I like the feel of flats but I wanted the security of clipless. I bought V-Twins and they ended up on ebay. I used them with AM9 shoes and with the pins installed on the pedal my feet would occasionally get stuck in the pedal. I think I could’ve played with shims under the cleat to help but in the end I just preferred the feel of the Mallet platform anyway. SPD’s also have less float than Crank Brothers, I found that moving around too much on the DMR’s (and other SPD pedals actually) resulted in clipping out when I didn’t want to.

Of course somebody will come along to tell you the complete opposite, pedals are a personal thing. You won’t know what you prefer until you try it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘DMR V Twin + Fiveten Hellcats’ is closed to new replies.