Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DMR Trailstar LT, opinions wanted
  • minzo
    Free Member

want to get a relatively cheap 2nd hand steel frame to build into hardcore trail bike with a wee bit of jumping, whats this frame like?

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Hi there,

My lad has one its a great all rounder, dmr know how to make jump bikes.

We have a spare frame if you're interested, its new unused?

My details are in profile.

Matt.

DJTC
    Free Member

iv got one for sale that you can have, its a 16 inch so more jump orientated but will happly ride to the jump spots or go for a play ride. it can take anything you can throw at it, overall a heavy but a great frame, lots of fun

tracknicko
    Free Member

older ones are lighter than newer ones…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ive had three Trailstar frames. They werent the LT ones but they rode really nicely with 4inch travel forks. Two of them cracked outside of the warrenty period but I used to phone up DMR and they'd sell me a new one for about £100.

If I wasn't 6 foot 2 I'd probably have one as my xc bike.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I've had a Sidekick, built as a pure jump bike, and a Trailstar LT years ago that I used for everything from jumping and dh, to all day xc epics. I really liked it, though it was heavy. The DMR swopout dropouts the new ones have look fantastic, the best dropout system I've seen on any bike, I think. For what you are looking at using it for, I would have said a Trailstar would be perfect. Southern Downhill will be a good place to find second hand ones if the ones above are no good.

_tom_
    Free Member

I have a Trailstar LT (older model), really great bike with 140mm Pikes on it. I use it for a bit of everything. Great to jump on and as I'm only 5'9" it's good for XC as well. I don't find it that heavy tbh, but I'm not a weight weenie and care more about good geometry and a solid ride.

Coyote
    Free Member

DJTC – Any chance of details on the Trailstar? Email in profile. Cheers.

minzo
    Free Member

thanks for replys, matt was looking at your frame in classifieds, too small unfortunalely, DJTC could you email info on yours if you ain't already sold it

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Trailstar LT's were only available in one size, 16inch.

The new trailstars come in two sizes, 16 n 18

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DMR Trailstar LT, opinions wanted’ is closed to new replies.