Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DMR simple tension seeker and single speed chains…
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

Enjoying my dabbling in single speeding and the current drive chain is getting to the end of it’s life (no, not measured the stretch, it is waaaay past any reasonable limit to change them and save anything) so chainring, sprocket and chain were going on the shopping list.
    A quick check on DMRs site seems to suggest I will struggle to get an SS chain through the roller…
    Anyone done/tried it? Any results? I just fancy being able to use chunky and cheap chains if possible 🙂

EDIT, I really should have mentioned that I have the DMR at the moment, rather than thinking of buying it…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just use a superstar tensioner instead.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If I had one, I would, but been using the DMR for a couple of years and it is fine. I really should have mentioned that shouldn’t I 🙂 (quick time travel edit and it is done…)
    If I have to change, so be it, or maybe a half link chain…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

No one tried it? Hey ho, experiments will have to wait until mince pies have been consumed… for three or so weeks 🙂

mattbee

I did it, the chain rumbled a little bit at first as the rivets were just catching on the outside of the roller groove. Hundred miles or so and it was fine as the roller wore to acommodate it.x

Militant_biker

YES! I modified mine to fit the extra width. Took it apart, stuck the roller in a vice and used a hacksaw and file to widen the groove. Worked like a good-un for a number of years until I got a track-ended frame.

tobyho
    Free Member

I did it. I replaced my old chain with a SS specific chain and found it too wide for the old DMR 1. It pulled the tensioner slack; in the mud yesterday I ended up rounding off the bolt thing in an effort to keep it tight (it was on its way before yesterday). So today I have ordered a new sprung tensioner £10 from Superstar.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DMR simple tension seeker and single speed chains…’ is closed to new replies.