Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DMR revolver SS rear hub play?
  • TheGMan
    Free Member

I have excessive play in the above hub.

Bearings are fine, because it’s a bolt through there is no pre-load on the bearings.

I have tried pushing the hub together and tightening the grub screws, but it came loose again almost straight away.

Has anybody had the same issue and what am I doing wrong?

epicyclo

Where’s the play?

TheGMan
    Free Member

It is as though the bearings are loose. But there not.

It’s due to not being able to pre- load them.

If it had a skewer this would take out the slack, but as it’s bolted the hub stays loose.

It would have to be someone with experience of this specific hub.

Del

Bearings are fine

doubtful.

because it’s a bolt through there is no pre-load on the bearings.

unlikely.
    iirc the dmr revolver is the same as the on-one/px ss hub. cartridge bearings. undo the grub screw and pull off the cap. 6000 2rs iirc.
    with the caps off, support the hub and **** the end of the axle. when the axle and first bearing are out, flip it over and use the axle as a drift, and knock out the other.
    use a socket same size as the outer part of the new bearing, and knock the first new one in, fit the axle (!), knock in the other one. refit the end caps.
    use grease on all mating parts.
    hth.

epicyclo

I have 2 DMR Revolver SS hubs. I’ve checked them tonight, no play, and I can’t see how there could be play unless the bearings are borked.

bungie
    Free Member

You can skewer them? Just take out the bolts and stick a skewer through, but not sure how that would help.

TheGMan
    Free Member

You were right lads cheers.
    The drive side bearing was shot.
    Hubs are only a few months old that’s why I was convinced it wouldn’t be the bearings.
    Had some spare bearings so sorted now.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DMR revolver SS rear hub play?’ is closed to new replies.