Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • DMR Bolt Long…..
  • blakeyt93
    Free Member

Does anyone have one?
    Been offered to buy one for cheap, and am debating upgrading my on one 456 eve 2 to this frame.
    Generally using for a bit of everything, but want rear travel for drops, jumps and a bit of peace of mind 🙂

Anyone ridden or knows someone who has one? Any thoughts?
    I know they are rather heavy, but i think i can live with that… maybe…

Any info would be great

thepodge
    Free Member

Do a search, there has been a couple of threads on them lately

I’d love one but already don’t ride my full suss enough

fervouredimage
    Free Member

One on test over at Ride.io http://ride.io/reviews/projectfun-first-look/

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’m getting one this week. Having done a bit of research first I’m expecting it to be heavy but a lot of fun. They’re pretty good value at Winstanleys at the moment although I’m getting mine from the lbs. Just building it up with bits of an old slx groupset and sharing some parts like wheels, seat post and saddle with my hard tail so should be a fairly economic way of getting a good strong full suss hopefully.

ajantom

I really like mine.
    I had it set up as a single speed initially, and it was great on the downs, but bobbed a lot on the flat and ups. It does have a lockout though, so just flick that on when heading upwards.
    More recently I’ve set it up with a NW ring and 10 speed, and it bobs less as you aren’t mashing the pedals as much.
    I am thinking about upgrading the shock to a CCDB inline, as the X-Fusion shock is a bit basic as far as tuning goes. The lockout is ok, but it’d be nice to have a bit of movement on the climbs, so I figure the climb switch on the CCDB will make the difference.
    Be aware that the top-tube on it is still pretty low, so you’ll need a long seatpost. I’m 6ft and this is how much mine is showing….

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’m just about 6’4” so I’ll be seeing that much post too. Not to bothered about that though as I’m not planning on going far uphill on it.

Ajantom what length stem did you go for?

ajantom

It’s a DMR Swarm – think it’s 55mm long. I ended up flipping it to give a bit more height.
    I bought my frame from Winstanleys – was £719 back in December – bargain! Seeing as that was £200 off the RRP, I can just about justify the CCDB inline!
    I’m taking mine up to the FoD for it’s first uplift day at the FoD at the weekend. It’s been great on all my local trails, singletrack, Dh stuff, even a couple of longish XC rides (though you do feel the weight after a while)

whereisthurso
    Free Member

That it’s a great price and I expect the price will eventually increase as they seem to be gaining more interest. Are your pikes 150mm and adjustable for climbs?

Euro
    Free Member

Would be a fine companion for an Alpine, i’d have thought.

I’ve always had a thing for the Bolt but kept thinking it was my ’10 years younger’ bike.

I believe you should buy it and, if you don’t like it, sell it to me. I’ll put it down to a mid life crisis, if anyone asks

iamroughrider
    Free Member

i always think of DMR as the TVR of bikes. I should imagine the Bolt is ace. 🙂 Just because something is heavy (and i am not even sure the bolt is? )doesn’t always mean it rides heavy. Often the added weight feels good and gives you confidence, plus peace of mind that’s it’s going to last( imho ) Just might take a bit longer to climb on 🙂

blakeyt93
    Free Member

Euro, Ive been offered a good deal on the normal frame not the long version….. Still debating whether to get it, i will let you know how it goes if i do 😀

ajantom

Are your pikes 150mm and adjustable for climbs?

140mm U-turns. Though I tend to just lock them out for climbs.
    I’ll try to get a pic today of it with the 1×10 setup. Also has a dropper post now.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Got my frame yesterday. First impressions are that it looks awesome. Nice matte finish with smart decals.

Also it is tiny. It’s the same length as my xc hardtail but the seat tube is really short like ajantom said. Don’t think it’ll be a problem though as I bought it with the intention of using it purely for bike parks and red style downhill.

Not got much of it built up yet as I realised the bottom bracket I had was beyond repair so have had to order a new one. Will post a picture once it’s done.

The spec is going to be something like this:

DMR Bolt Long Full Suspension Frame 125mm
    Rockshox Sektor Coil 150/120mm
    SLX shifter, mech and chainset 32t
    SLX brakes 180 and 160
    Maxxis Crossmarks on Stans ztr355 on Hope Pro 2 (shared with my xc bike)
    Raceface Ride seatpost and charge scoop saddle (shared with xc bike)
    Raceface Ride stem 70mm and bars 710mm
    Some pedals (not sure whether to go to flats for this bike or stick with spds – leaning towards flats)

Hopefully it should be good.

ajantom

Enjoy!
    What colour did you go for? I ummed and ahhed about getting the blue one, but the black won out in the end.
    I’ve just swapped to forks over for some Magura Thors, if nothing else they’ll drop nearly 500g over the Pikes.
    I’ll post some pics up later.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I got the tango one. It’s bright! The colour does kind of suit the attitude of the bike though. Nice to see modern colours and graphics on steel bikes I think. I liked the blue one too but my hardtail is that colour so thought I’d get something different.

ajantom

Here’s mine set up 1×10 and with the Magura Thors on it.

….yes I know, brickwork, moss, etc. 😉

blakeyt93
    Free Member

Looks good, is that the long or normal length frame?

Did you get from Winstanleys?

whereisthurso
    Free Member

That’s the long frame. You can tell by the extended seat tube and brace from the top tube.

Not sure if Winstanleys have any in stock or can get any.

I got mine from Fife Cycles they did me a really good deal. Give John a call and I’m sure he’d be able to sort you out with one.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Here’s mine. First ride tonight was really good. No need for a chain guide on bike park stuff but on rougher trails it’s going to be essential so that’s going to be the next addition.

_tom_
    Free Member

Ive wanted one of these since they first came out, the tango looks so good. Really tempted when I can afford, was settled on a Kona Entourage but I’m not sure again now!

ajantom

Here’s mine. First ride tonight was really good. No need for a chain guide on bike park stuff but on rougher trails it’s going to be essential so that’s going to be the next addition.

Looks ace in the Tango colour 8) I was convinced I’d need a chain guide at some point, but the NW ring and clutch mech seem to be doing a sterling job. Not had a dropped chain on anything yet.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

ajantom – what sort of pressure are you running in the rear shock? I’ve tried setting it by x-fusions guidelines but it seems incredibly firm.

ajantom

Not sure, will have to have a look.
    To get it right, for me anyway, I set the sag at about 15%.
    It does seem to ride better when set up firm. Suits the style of riding the bike seems to egg you into doing! Though I did notice it clunking a bit on the rebound the other day.
    Anyway, my CCDB Inline arrived 8) so I’ll fit that tomorrow and report back asap!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘DMR Bolt Long…..’ is closed to new replies.