Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DJ 2 forks – little or no movement.
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

As above on sons jump bike. LBS quoting £60 for a service as they ‘aren’t allowed’ to touch ’em and they have to be ‘sent away’. Any ideas for a cheap and easy resolution. All air pressures are correct according to web site – even let the air out to see if that made any difference – it didn’t. 😕

swisstony
    Free Member

you mean even when there’s no air in you still can’t fully compress the fork?

cynic-al
    Free Member

LBS quoting £60 for a service as they ‘aren’t allowed’ to touch ’em and they have to be ‘sent away’

Meaning they can’t do it themselves/CBA.

Servicing forks is often easy though diagnosing a specific problem and fixing it may not be. A bit more info and we might be able to help…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

swisstony – er, yes.

cynic-al – at this stage, that’s about all I can tell you………I’ve, er, never taken forks apart before. 😕

bigyinn
    Free Member

Little or maintenance? 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have they always been like this or is it a new issue?

If they have always been like this then over filled with oil is the first thing I would look at.

swisstony
    Free Member

the only thing you can do is strip them down and see what’s up, i’d agree they may over filled but i wouldn’t have thought they’d be overfilled by that much, esp if you can still put the right air pressure in them.

they’re really easy to strip down, get back on the MArzocchi site and look at the manual

Gibbon
    Free Member

Depends whether the are open bath or a sealed/pressurised suntour cartridge.If the cartridge fails it over extends and they basically lock out.You can convert them to open bath by carefully drilling a couple of holes in appropriate places (Ive had to do 30 pairs on all our hire fleet!!).Otherwise send em to windwave and they will fit a new damper.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

DJ’s are fitted with heavy springs and have quite heavy damping, could it be how theyr meant to be, only meant to give full travel whe you mess up badly on a jump.

steveh

Aren’t these air preload rather air sprung? If so with 0 pressure in do they move at all? As spoon mentioned these are a dirt jump fork so are going to be pretty stiff.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a set of 2002 DJ1s with the air caps off DJ2s on them. these are certainly open bath forks. On mine if you remove all the air and then remove the tops caps the springs come out -and you can then compress them totally. oil levels make a significant difference to these forks

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

I followed the website recommeded air pressure – nonsense, I got 5lb rigid forks! ran them at no more than 7psi and I am 13 stone.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DJ 2 forks – little or no movement.’ is closed to new replies.