Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DIYtrackworld….mold removal…
  • DT78
    Free Member

Re decorating the master bedroom, moving one of the chest of drawers in the corner there is quite a bit of mold which spreads up to the small window in the corner. All in the affected area is 1m3 by2m3. I’ve bought some mold removing spray and given it a spray / scrub which has got the majority of it off, but some spores seem tough. Do need to get a nail brush and scrub harder or is it okay to have some of the mold still visible if you’ve given it a good spray and scrub?

Edit room hasn,t been painted since we moved in, so at least 6 years since its last paint. Don’t think we have a damp issue just a build up over time.

wwaswas

you can get a mould barrier paint that stops it leeching through the top coat and causing discouloration. It’s worked quite well for me in the past.

When you put the chest back in leave a bigger gap to the wall to allow air to circulate.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

Put some bleach on it, give it a couple of minutes and it will come straight off.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

As above, specifically hydrogen peroxide. 3-5% concentration should be enough.

It will oxidise on the surface though and turn white initially. Once applied, dilute and wipe down with water and give it a quick rub with light sandpaper to remove any residue.

RustyMac

Don’t know what mould spray you used, I found some black speckled mould behind some of the radiators we removed when decorating our new house and used the stuff below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/271276114450?lpid=83&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=83&ff19=0

a few sprays and it worked a treat.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Strava how long it takes, you could get a KOM (King Of Mould)

LenHankie

Edit room hasn,t been painted since we moved in, so at least 6 years since its last paint. Don’t think we have a damp issue just a build up over time.

Very unlikely to be actual damp from within the wall – more likely it will be because the air can’t freely circulate due to the chest of drawers being in the way and condensation is forming ( warm still air onto a cold wall). As said above, allow a bigger gap once you’ve got the mould off and/or repainted.

DT78
    Free Member

Using some polycell stuff from the local b&q worked well for mostlf it… Sanded it down now, almost all gone and its back to plaster in places. I’ve got some bathroom mold resistant paint to hopeful stop its return.

Quite happy for others to come round and try their hand at the KOM 🙂

footflaps

I had some in the workshop which turned out to be caused by me building benches using damp timber and then putting them too close to the walls. I cleaned it all off, repainted the walls with mould resistant bathroom paint and used a fan to dry the timber out a bit more. Problem seems to have gone away.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DIYtrackworld….mold removal…’ is closed to new replies.