Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DIY Tubeless valve: Any reason why not?
  • whereisthurso
    Free Member

I couldnt find the stans tubeless valve for my front wheel so made one out of the valve from an old inner tube. It has inflated fine but I’ve not ridden anywhere yet. Can’t imagine it’ll be a problem or am I missing something? (apart from a stans valve) 🙂

amedias
    Free Member

It’s how all my tubeless setups have been done for the last 5 or 6 years, no issues so far

poah
    Free Member

there are plenty of other makes of tubeless valves around

fooman

It’s how I do it, I prefer Schrader & use fully threaded Conti or Schwalbe tube valves, depending on what I have lying around. Cheap (free if you have old tubes) way of doing it.

matt007
    Free Member

I’m running valves cut from old tubes, have been for 2 years with no issues at all

honourablegeorge

Tubes tend not to have removable cores, but that’s only an issue sometimes.

amedias
    Free Member

Tubes tend not to have removable cores

Lots do, certainly whatever I pick up from the LBS (spesh maybe?) has always had removable presta cores.

Only an issue if you try and fill through the valve though, I’ve always just sploshed it in when fitting the tyre.

cookci
    Free Member

how do shrader valves stay in place as there is no nut like that of a presta?

fooman

Conti & Schwalbe Schrader tubes are fully threaded, and come with a nut, cores are easy to remove and fill with fluid.

scruff
    Free Member

Has the use of the innertube valve ever got dislodged or suffered air loss?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DIY Tubeless valve: Any reason why not?’ is closed to new replies.