Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • DIY teeth whitening kits. Do any over the counter ones work?
  • dingabell
    Free Member

Has anyone actually used one which doesn’t cost the earth and actually works? Not got badly stained teeth (don’t smoke or drink red wine) but just want them a little brighter. Am I hoping for too much?

sc-xc

On a similar note…if I was to spend all day non stop cleaning my teeth (perhaps around 8 hours)…would they get whiter or just fall out?

(sorry – don’t know about the kits. Groupon are doing a deal that sees a £100 whitening kit down to about a tenner – but no idea if it works)

Houns

I just use arm and hammer advance whitening toothpaste. Seems to keep the tea stains at bay and brightens them a bit

allthepies
    Free Member

Just swoosh some bleach around in your mouth for 10-15 mins*.

* please don’t really do this 🙂

sc-xc

Would Homebase Emulsion do a smilar job Houns? I am looking for that TOWIE gleam.

Houns

You want a nice gloss, not emulsion. Pick up some ronseal too for the tan

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm, they do work. But be careful.. This could happen..

monkeychild
    Free Member

Those Crest strips from the states work.

Weasel
    Free Member

I tried the crest strips as well, cost about £25 and others did notice my teeth were whiter. The packaging does state use twice a year max, and a friend whose a dentist said they should be ok but dont use too often.

coffeeking
    Free Member

My dentist recommends not whitening teeth, so I don’t.

Cougar

Teeth aren’t supposed to be white, despite what Hollywood would have us believe. The showbiz smile is down to veneers.

if I was to spend all day non stop cleaning my teeth (perhaps around 8 hours)…would they get whiter or just fall out?

I actually got told off by my dentist for over-brushing. Weakens the enamel, apparently.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

ive been using bi carb of soda for donkeys years that get em bright n clean, or you can use 2 percent hydrogen peroxide mixed with water and brush with that

sparkyrhino

Tipex ,you can keep the bottle in your handbag ,so you can top up during a night out.

Wally

I researched this and spent some money with my dentist getting a gum shield made and then a weak peroxide based substance. IMO do not diy or even think about those stands in shopping centres. Use your trusted dentist. He is far less likely to arse it up. last tip. use way less peroxide than anybody recommends , go slow.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘DIY teeth whitening kits. Do any over the counter ones work?’ is closed to new replies.