Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DIY Speaker stands
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Anybody made any speaker stands before?

I’ve been doing some googling, and there are lots of deisgns out there. Some more to my skill set than others.

Two very dear to me B&W 601 could do with being raised off the floor.

somafunk

A simple solution is to buy/steal two concrete cinder blocks and spray them in a colour of your choice, use sorbothane pods and you have cheap but effective speaker stands.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ I had thought of that, although I was hoping to tax my making skills a bit more.

We just had some storms, and I have a few decent sized tree trunks that I was considering taking into the work shop and cutting flat. Mahogany would, but not cured yet so no doubt will destroy everything with the sap.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I Built some at work using 12mm Steel plate, 100x100x6 box section and 50x50x3 box section. They weigh 20Kg each and I got them powder coated black. They are on my list of things to redesign now I have access to a laser cutter I just haven’t got around to it yet.

Ignore the manky carpet and home made unfinished tv unit as we had only just moved in and had the room was work in progress.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FVWwen]photo 2[/url] by andysredmini, on Flickr

bigjim

I made some very simple ones from wood tops and bases joined by drainage pipe with threaded rod holding it all together, filled with sand. There was a design online somewhere. Good and solid, think the only tools required were drill and saw.

You won’t get any respect from the stw audio elite though, unless you spend a few grand on something that does the same damn thing.

Trimix
    Free Member

I’ve got two proper ones you can have for a tenner.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DIY Speaker stands’ is closed to new replies.