Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • DIY Remedies for S,A,D
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

Its that time of year again, the clocks have changed, its foggy and dark out there and the feeling of well being is not quite what it should be.

So, what are your fixes? Im particularily interested in Nutrition deficiencies and how it effects your mood

Hobster
    Free Member

Vitamin D and a decent lightbox helps me.

alexpalacefan

+1 for a light box!

APF

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    phiiiiil

Awww, I got all excited by the title.

I stave off seasonal SAD by starting all those DIY projects I’ve been planning all summer… 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

I’ve got a light that’s supposed to work – it does nothing but remind me that its dark / cold / muddy and depressing outside.

The only thing that works for me is a holiday over Christmas, in the sun with my bike away from the normal crap that goes with Christmas and dark days.

piemonster

Skiing

Edited for nutrition: Irish Coffee topped with whipped cream.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

The only thing that works for me is a holiday over Christmas, in the sun with my bike away from the normal crap that goes with Christmas and dark days.

+1

pezza
    Free Member

Any cheap & good SAD lamp links?

bensales
    Free Member

I always go for at least a 30 minute walk at lunchtime. Means I actually see daylight after commuting to and from work in the dark.

Proper exercise outdoors as well, even if it’s dark.

granny_ring

Lumie used to do a 30 day trial of lights.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Best way is to get yourself a Marine reef tank……I got one ….around 3ft long lite up with high power LEDS…and cooled down by fans……lights up my whole dinning room

Bright enough to grow corals and fend off SAD

vickypea
    Free Member

Lumie light box

MrNice
    Free Member

Night riding? Makes me grin like a fool. Going away involves that even more depressing moment when you have to come home.

twixhunter
    Free Member

Agree with the exercise/outdoors stuff even in the dark. Even just pottering around the garden after work for five or ten minutes.

Also if you can hack it I’d suggest letting just a bit of natural light into your bedroom so you wake up more naturally so to speak. And don’t don’t don’t take your smartphone or laptop to bed. Switch it off.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

I think for me it’s finding the enjoyment in this time of year rather than finding the darkness.
    the amazing displays of colour on the trees, crisp mornings and great light for photography, going out on the bike with the intention of mudplugging and coming home as mank as you can. nights out under the stars.
    and on the flip side. hot baths, comfort food (chilli’s, cottage pie, stodge…lots of stodge), relaxing at home with the heating on and a nice beer. the comfort of bed (yes admittedly this is spoilt by the alarm clock but hey)

Obviously this does not take into account the going to / from work in the dark. but I get paid to do that so it’s all part of work.

and obviously this may not be possible for those whom suffer with the worst debilitating affects of S.A.D

but in answer to your OP, vitamin D, good food and exercise is your friend.

epicyclo

Australia?

lovewookie

Fitted daylight bulbs (full spectrum) in all the communal spaces, kitchen, living room, hallway, landing, bathroom. leaving bedrooms to the ambient warm light when you want to calm down.

works a treat, certainly gives the impression of brightness and wakes you up more in the mornings.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘DIY Remedies for S,A,D’ is closed to new replies.