Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DIY Pull wagons
  • piemann
    Free Member

I fancy trying to make one of these for the kids – think along the lines of the Radio Flyer wagons.

I’m keen to hear if anyone has done this type of thing.

Even just the thought of it takes me right back to building go-karts in my yoof. Only now I’ve got box section steel and a mig welder rather than a hammer, nails and whatever wood we could find.
    🙂

pictonroad

google, “custom radio flyer”, should give you loads of ideas.

Ours is just a cheap one painted and stickered to match the camper.

It’s a big thing in the VW camper world, they’re fantastic for towing little ones around at a big VW show. Picton junior slept soundly in his at Busfest whilst his parents sneaked G&T’s from Mum’s handbag and dad danced to bad Welsh amateur rock. 🙂

It’s also a bit of fun one-upmanship between the little ones. One lad was parked up next to another and he casually reached forward, pushed a button and big VW symbol projected onto the ground under his wagon. Straight up gangster.. 😆

my favourite on the day

I’ve seen them with hydraulics, battery motors, 2 strokes, lowered, google will reveal all.

molgrips
    Free Member

We bought one from a German toy shop, I think it’s intended to be a garden wagon though so you could look in the gardening world for inspiration or donor vehicles.

jackthedog
    Free Member

I can’t help, but do post the work in progress, I love threads like that.

piemann
    Free Member

Picton, that’s pretty much exactly what I want it for (festivals and VW meets [we have a 1984 T25 poptop])

I love the story about the one-upmanship, pure genius.

pictonroad

pictonroad

Here’s Picton junior on the day ‘his’ wagon was unveiled.

He’s not a fan of sharing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DIY Pull wagons’ is closed to new replies.