Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DIY Park and Ride Brum
  • molgrips
    Free Member

If you were staying in a hotel in Birmingham, and the parking was £16/night, and you wanted to avoid this cost, where would you park to get a train/bus in? Assuming you were coming from the Ludlow direction?

ThePinkster

And assuming you wanted to be sure your car was going to be OK?
    I’d possibly pay the £16 and be happy my car is safe (I do speak as a former Brummie)

If you’re going to park & ride anyway Why not get the train in from your nearest station?

JAG

You can park and catch a train into Central Brum from any of the cross-city train stations;

Longbridge
    Northfield
    Kings Norton
    Bournville
    Five Ways etc….

A car left for a few nights will be quite safe near any of them. I used to live between Longbridge and Northfield 🙂

lunge

There’s big free car parks at Stourbridge Junction and at Rowley Regis stations, both on line to Snow Hill with regular services.

That’s about as good as I can think of on the right side of Brum.

somouk
    Free Member

You could also consider parking anywhere along the Metro line heading in to Birmingham, jump on the M54 in to Wolverhampton, park there and then jump on the Metro.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why not get the train in from your nearest station?

Cos the train from Ludlow takes 2h20.

Rowley Regis looks good. As for parking near Five Ways, I could walk from there. Streets look like they are probably residents only though…?

lunge

Rowley gets good service and it’s easy too get to from the M5 if you’re coming that way. Get the correct train (the Chiltern Mainline trains, they’re not that regular in truth) and it’s only 1 stop to Snow Hill.

rsmythe
    Free Member

Plenty of residential streets you can park on near Five ways. If I’m going to the city centre, I’ll park on Elvetham Road, B15 2NL and walk 10 minutes into the centre. Just a plain residential street with no apparent parking restrictions.

rOcKeTdOg

On the street in Malvern, direct train in to Brum every hr mins (+ take a bike & play on the trails too)

Alternatively park outside my house, walk 10 mins to train which runs every 30 mins. I’ll watch your car for 50p Mr

molgrips
    Free Member

I think rsmythe’s option is best.. ta folks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DIY Park and Ride Brum’ is closed to new replies.