Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DIY Mtb – Fuengirola
  • tartanscarf

Four of us are heading out to Fuengirola for a week later this month. We have a day booked with Ride Sierra Nevada which looks awesome. I know there are 2 (at least) mtb guiding companies near Fuengirola but just wondered if there were any easy to find rides round there? We could then keep costs down by just hiring a bike for the day.

Cheers!
    TS

tartanscarf

Cheers Mackem.

Bumpety bump for anyone else 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Strava premium member? I think you can search rides by area and on premium when you find one click on “save as route” and download it as a GPX?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Get the train to Benalmadena and either take the gondola to the top or ride up towards Canada del Lobo. Have a look at Trailforks.com and you will find loads of great trails around there

Mackem

Slightly more effort but worth it, is to take the train to Alora and ride round there. There’s a few rides near there in the book I linked to.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Plenty of great riding around Fuengirola.
    Try Wikiloc and put Fuengirola into search engine.

vmgscot

I would hook up with someone like Alan at Sierra Cycling as the best riding will involve some serious climbing out of Feungirola (Mijas, etc) so, unless you have transport, a guided uplift is good option.

I remember Alora being a good base – I think I rode a couple times with Jim – one of the book authors. We did rides from Alora to the El Chorro area which is superb but also along to Pizarra for the ‘Jesus Statue’ loop – big climb but fantastic descent – just watch for that tight left-hander with the cliff!

ndthornton
    Free Member

Yes its awesome – I go there often and just ride the trails on my own. Super Gnar!

I think I have discovered pretty much everything now.

I don’t mind sharing my Strava rides if you want – PM me.

I always stay in Mijas just above Fuengirola in the mountains. Easier access to the trails and a lot less Benidorm. It will take you an hour of tarmac up hill peddling to get to the bottom of the good trails from Fuengirola.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DIY Mtb – Fuengirola’ is closed to new replies.