Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DIY light people – connectors
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I had been recycling my old Lupine ones (which were shit) to save work since they were already on my batteries, but I just realised I threw the last one out accidentally.

What weatherproof small secure conenctor for connecting lights to battery?

flicker
    Free Member

Pick up a Magicshine extension cable from eBay (£5 ish) and use one end for your lamp and the other for the battery.

brassneck

I’d use the Magicshine ones simply on the basis of availability and compatibility (if you too have 101 magicShine packs..). The SolarStorm U2 variants have a threaded collar too, but are essentially the same (if you push hard enough).

I have NZ light (Nightlightning?) which uses some techinically superior but near unobtainable connectors I keep meaning to make a date with the soldering iron with.

z1ppy

These 2 Way AMP Waterproof connectors have been recommended before

NZCol

brassneck – i’ve got one of them too with the same connectors. You can buy them from Eric “@ Nightlightning pretty easily. They are good.

beamends
    Free Member

z1ppy – id stay away from those AMP ‘waterproof’ connectors their the same as used on many cars/ landrovers etc and the ends tend to fill up with sh1te or the little pins bend and snap off.

brassneck

brassneck – i’ve got one of them too with the same connectors. You can buy them from Eric “@ Nightlightning pretty easily. They are good.

To be fair I was exaggerating a bit 🙂 – I got about 20 from RS eventually if you’re ever short they are probably still in the spares box.

Did you ever find a good way to secure it to the bars? I found the metal bracket a bit bulky and I broke the original mount.. it’d be a good un to resurrect though, it had a great beam if not as powerful as the recent Lumen Wars twenty quid specials.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DIY light people – connectors’ is closed to new replies.