Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DIY Light – any good remote control switches out there?
  • clubber
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any good remote light switches for DIY lights – I've got a cutter kit one that works brilliantly but the remote switch I've made is getting a bit flaky after a couple of years and too much water/rain so I want a replacement – ideally something that clamps/fits to the bars. Needs to be a momentary action switch.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Motorcycle switches? Anything here? Most of the horn buttons are press to connect to earth but something might be adaptable

turboferret

I bought one of these, can't remember exactly which one, but it was probably the cheapest 😆

Can zip-tie/velcro to the bars, very neat and compact, might be worth a look.

Cheers, Rich

clubber
    Free Member

Thanks for those – both look promising. Any bike specific ones?

kinda666
    Free Member

Have a look at the Ktronik light here on candle power forums
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=227692
    Think the new light is on 2nd or 3rd page but if you email or pm Kerry he? will send you a switch for cash! Works with bflex (mom) and looks quite neat, bit like the PCS switch on the lupine lights but a bit smaller!

kinda666
    Free Member

clubber
    Free Member

That looks spot on – I've emailed him/her

cxi
    Free Member

I've ordered a "race remote" switch (with LED) from Kerry, should be on it's way from Oz at the moment.

Currently using one of these Cateye switches (connector cut-off, wiring split to seperate the switches). Wiring is very, very thin though. No LED for status like the KTronic one.

clubber
    Free Member

I've ordered one too – $15 for the standard one plus $5 shipping (worked out at £12.66 via paypal) or for an extra five dollars, you can have an LED built in which shows low voltage if you're using a bflex contoller (which I am but don't really need the low battery warning).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DIY Light – any good remote control switches out there?’ is closed to new replies.