Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • DIY LED light questions
  • jere
    Free Member

This is one for Trout or any other LED boffins out there.

Can i run a 4 XPG light off a 14.8V battery through a maxflex driver or will the driver be out of regulation and leds burn out? If i change the driver to the b2flex or another ‘buck’ driver and is there enough of a margin between the LED forward voltage at 1500mA and the 14.8v battery?

Also doesn anyone know of any buck drivers that give atleast two different current outputs or are the taskled ones the only option or does anyone have a space b2flex driver they’d be willing to sell?

Thanks

Vortexracing

I run that exact set-up with no problem and have done for the past 3 years using both XRE and XPG LED’s.

I am also looking for a Bflex as well if anybody has any spare.

Blackcat off Ebay will do a dual power driver if you don’t wnatn a Bflex

Solo
    Free Member

Errr.

If Vf of 4 x XPG is ~14.8v and the battery off the charger may be as much as 16v and over.

Then the Maxflex won’t work as it is a boost driver and needs the Vf in to be lower than the Vf out.

?.

trout
    Free Member

Yes you can but as the battery drains it will go direct drive and dim a little .
    no big problem there .

Yes I have lots of B2flexs but if you want one you will have to be quick as going away on hols tomorrow .

paypal gift me 32 dollars equivelent in our money plus a bit of postage and will get one in the post first thing int morning

Email in profile

jere
    Free Member

Hi Trout I’ll be in touch when you get back from holiday got to sort out a hope compatible power connector first.

jere
    Free Member

Hi Chris (Trout) I don’t need a bflex anymore as a friend has sorted one out for me as he is upgrading his lights. I was wondering if you used hirschmann connectors on your lights and if they are compatible with the hope screw on connectors If they are do you have any spare that you would be willing to sell me i need at least 1 preferably 2

Thanks

trout
    Free Member

Yes I think the connectors are the same as the hope one Smudge says they are

got plenty instock drop me a mail with which ones you are after .

jere
    Free Member

I’m after a panel mount socket like the one in the pic below

Let me knwo how much you want for two posted

jere
    Free Member

jere
    Free Member

cant post a pic but the part number is ELST 3308 RV FM 805

RustyMac
    jere
    Free Member

Hi Chris (Trout) ygm about connectors

jere
    Free Member

Hi Chris i’ve sent you an email about a bflex driver as i’ve knackered mine.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘DIY LED light questions’ is closed to new replies.