Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DIY Help, Fitting Blind on inside of window with crappy plaster board
  • Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’m no DIY expert so need a little help.

Mother has been trying to fit a blind in her kitchen window. She has demolished some of the plaster board after fitting plaster board fixings. These did not hold the weight of the blind and came out.

So I made a baton fixed on the fixing and used No More Nails to fix it up. It was held in place over night then came off with the front of the plaster 😥

So wisdom is needed as to if there is a braket that would expand left to right against the sides of the window box I could fix the blind too.

Taff
    Free Member

Can you take a photo? What is behind the plasterboard? If block work drill through some longer fixings

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I’ll get a photo when i’m next over, nothing behind there’s a good 4″ of gap upwards to the support beam

cheers

BlobOnAStick

I recently bought some strong double sided tape and stuck a wooden batton to the top of the (uPVC) window frame. The blind fittings were then screwed into that. Would that help?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Attatch to window with long brackets – tis what my local fireman did when fitting my blinds last week !

robdixon
    Free Member

have a look at fischer fixing catalogue – they have fixings for this sort of task – a bit like the extra heavy duty ones in the picture below:

wrightyson
    Free Member

Screw it to the frame?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Butterfly screws?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Did the blind come with the two square block things that you fix then close the flap to trap the blind?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DIY Help, Fitting Blind on inside of window with crappy plaster board’ is closed to new replies.