Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • DIY Garden Pavilion ideas?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

you forum search for soft furnishing terms dont you bunny 😉

Bunnyhop

Caught out again 🙂

JRTG
    Free Member

My wife must not see this thread, I’ve been asked to build something And she would just get disappointed with my efforts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mcmoonter
    Free Member

In all honesty Bunnyhop and Stoner, my handiwork is just too rustic for soft furnishing.

At last I have the roof and ridge on and all the glass in, including the low level panes.

Tomorrow, hopefully, I will try and get the floor laid. Then it’s just some outside facing at ankle level and some facing under the eaves.

I want to paint it a colour too.

Bunnyhop

That’s the most beautiful bus shelter I’ve ever seen.

khani
    Free Member

Its not just any old bus shelter….

mattsccm
    Free Member

Worried about bird strikes?
    Paint a picture of some evil looking hawk on each panel.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m just a board short to complete the floor. There is still some outside detail work and more painting to do, but I think the end is in sight.

richc
    Free Member

very nice.

You can get hawk shadow stickers to stop bird strikes.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pete, that my friend is fantastic. I can only imagine how much you’d have to pay to get something like that. Brilliant.

Stoner
    Free Member

absolutely superb mcm!

That’s going to be a great place to hide in a thunderstorm. Just needs a suspended woodburner stove and flue, a massive sheepskin rug, and a bottle of Chateau de Mcmoonter ’67

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Greig, I doubt I’d ever pay someone to build something like this. The fun and challenge is in finding the materials and winging it until something works out. It’s a bit like the way I paint.

Stoner, a stove was on my wish list. We are thinking about a new stove for the hall, so I may recycle our old one into the pavilion.

scaredypants

May I just say

It’s a rusty Corniche, much more useful as a tool box.

😆

Edric64
    Free Member

I like your bus shelter .Who did you scrounge the glass from ? . have 6 panes of similar bus shelter glass reciding in my garage at the moment

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Who did you scrounge the glass from ?

Local council transport yard. If I could get my hands on more, I’d build something else.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘DIY Garden Pavilion ideas?’ is closed to new replies.