Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DIY framebuilders. ISP (sort of) question
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Thinking of building my own 29er frame, and I’d like to have as ISP sort of affair going on.
    Anyone seen ISP assemblies for thin tubing?

Or would you think a very lightweight post inserted to the hilt, and clamped by a simple brazed on pinch bolt would be better? Certainly aesthetically more pleasing.

TiRed

Think I’d go with the latter – would make saddle swapping very easy. Just be sure you get the height right if you are going to slam the saddle. But assuming it’s a HT, what’s wrong with a long carbon post for added flex?

Macavity
    Free Member
    thepodge
    Free Member

I think I’d want a tiny bit of adjustment so a mini seatpost cut from a longer one with an extended seat tube would be my choice

epicyclo

Have you thought of having a fixed saddle position and using a small eccentric BB?

Gets rid of the the ugliness of a clamp.

thepodge
    Free Member

I like that idea

Raouligan
    Free Member

Vanilla use an adapted Thomson post I think, ISP’s on steel look like a bodge unless they’re done very well…

TiRed

One final point. My carbon ISP has 2cm of spacers for “post-cutting adjustment” as it politely states. Measure 10x, cut once. I’d definitely want adjustment, hence the collar. Would still look great though.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ll have to do some drawings. I like the pinch bolt idea. Or I could somehow direct mount the top of a seatpost to the frame, only I’d have the issue of joining steel to alloy?
    Looking at aftermarket ISP mounts they seem very ugly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DIY framebuilders. ISP (sort of) question’ is closed to new replies.