Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • DIY doctoring.
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Any knee experts out there.
    A few weeks back to took a 20mph dab on the bike. Foot came out of the cleat.
    When my leg came down hard and twisted I felt a nasty clicking twist from m knee which promptly collapsed leaving me rolling in the boar diggings. Nasty sensation making feel sick as well. I managed to ride after a few minutes and it eased off and stupidly I finished my loop. Bloody hell, was it sore that night but gradually it has sorted itself out.
    What is not right is the occasional collapse of the knee. I seem to step with the knee a bit straight and it wants to fold the wrong way. It sort of goes over cam, backwards and won’t hold my weight. I end up rolling on the floor. Not funny when I am half way up the stairs, twice now or even was trying to get on the CCM which is way high. That has put me on the floor under the bike twice.
    Sorry but I do ramble on.
    Anyway. Any suggestions as to what I may have damaged. Once the pain has gone from these collapse’s, say 10 minutes , all I have is a very sore patch behind the knee and a definite instability to the joint. It seems to ease up and all feels well for a week then it goes again.
    CCM is for sale as so far I have only dropped it in safe places but one day it won’t be clever. Collective guess work welcomed.

ratherbeintobago

If the joint is unstable, get thee to an orthopaedic outpatient appointment before you damage it properly, and let someone who knows what they’re doing have a look at it.

Andy

(GMC Number available on request, in case they’re watching)

scaredypants

Can I have anterior cruciate in the sweepstake ? – pop round and I’ll have a go at a repair in the garage

GMC number witheld – I’m not sure why; guess they didn’t like my style 😥

tiggs121
    Free Member

CCM?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Brmmmm

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Wild guess +1 ACL

shermer75
    Free Member

CCM?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Doctor>Referal>MRI>Answer?

Failing that mild cat aids

mattsccm
    Free Member

Not that nice a CCM. Rotax engine

globalti
    Free Member

You need an operation on your knee and fast.

woody2000

Meniscal tear FTW

dr_death
    Free Member

I’m going to be controversial and go Posterior Cruciate…
    Still needs an MRI for the answer. Off to your GP please. Pronto…

(GMC no.: I think I had one around here somewhere…..)

natrix
    Free Member

Sounds like cat aids to me, you’re a goner………… 😕

Drac

Visit your GP every day you waste not getting help is more damage.

DrP

I’m a GP…
    Give it a week.. take paracetamol..stop smoking…lose weight….

(in all seriousness, as has been said above, it sounds like ligamental +/- menisci issues, which warrants onward referral via GP)

DrP

GMC number available again once this damn hearing is over with…(kidding… 😉 )

mattsccm
    Free Member

The give it a week thing was the GP response! Some more persuasive visits needed methinks.

dr_death
    Free Member

If its folding back on itself, something is definitely wrong… I would say PCL, poss ACL, needs a proper look at.
    Back to the GPs I’m afraid. Be persuasive

stavromuller
    Free Member

An old mate of mine used to have a CCM, he used to brag that it was ex John Banks team bike but it didn’t stop it from being the most beligerent, suicidal piece of dogdoo!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘DIY doctoring.’ is closed to new replies.