Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • diy disasters
  • knightrider
    Free Member

our neighbours have had an extension built
    in the process the builder had to remove our backyard wall and gate
    we bought a new gate which the builder has had, when he built the wall its too big by about 5cm meaning that although the gate fits there is no room to put the catch.
    I asked the neighbours to get him to cut the wall back and re-render it so the gate will fit

got home last night to find he had recessed the hinges into my house so far that the gate was very stiff and wouldn’t open fully. without so much as a by your leave.

So I decide to remove the gate and put it in the garage to stop further muppetry on his part, undid top hinge first the bottom,

at which point the gate drops down the step into the back yard, smashing the bottom pane of glass in the back door

so cheer me up with your tales of stupid things you’ve done

knightrider
    Free Member

and now I’ve put it in the wrong forum, is there no end to my stupidity today?

mods pls move

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

bought a house
    whilst chatting with the neighbour next door, the door blew shut so I had to invite myself to climb over her garden wall to get in the back.
    not quite as bad as yours though, but felt stupid nonetheless.

br
    Free Member

I asked the neighbours to get him to cut the wall back and re-render it so the gate will fit

Wouldn’t it have been easier to have just got him to cut the gate down?

knightrider
    Free Member

Metal gate standard size, also why should I he’s had it for 6 months, he built the wall the wrong size

andyl
    Free Member

put the hinges on the side of the wall not the edge so you can fold it all the way round flat with the wall if you need to take bulky things through?

robhughes
    Free Member

I would have refused to let him go anywhere near my property in the first place.
    Do you owe your neighbor some kind of favor …Fatal mistake.

Pook

6 months?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘diy disasters’ is closed to new replies.