Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DIY content….sorry :-)
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Can you fix mirrors to flush doors with "No Nails" or that sort of thing?

Anyone done it or is it a disaster waiting to happen

carlos
    Free Member

Best thing to use is Mirror Mate, we use it at work to fix mirrors to tiled or painted walls in bathrooms etc.. Just make sure the surface your fixing to is DEAD FLAT and SMOOTH or you'll hear a nice little Crack sound as the mirror breaks. Done that once or twice now 😳

not sure if B&Q etc.. do it but this is it http://www.pvrdirect.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?catref=EVBMIRROR

Carl

sam_underhill

I used this one from Screwfix before. Does as described really.

flip456
    Free Member

hugh make sure you use a proper mirror adhesive as the others have said. then make sure the mirror is well supported whilst it sets, use props or a battern at the bottom, tap at the top. oh and good luck 😯

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

As flip says, only use mirror adhesive, nothing else. Also make sure wha background is very sound too.
    Any other type of adhesive will likely break down the mirror backing, an it will fall off

bigbloke
    Free Member

Flip….Hi long time no see mate, how you doing?

Ok, going off this idea now as its for my daughters new room (8yrs old). Mirrors were going to be those wavy ikea jobs to brighten up some niiiiice flush seventies doors, so not a great weight but i'm worried about using just adhesive and the potential accident waiting to happen.

carlos
    Free Member

You won't have any problems with them slipping/falling off once cured if you use the propper mirror stuff. Don't be shy with the adhesive and once in position on the door hold the mirror in place with Duck Tape overnight. The only potential accident I can see is the mirror actually breaking if the door was to be slamed. I've also used this stuff to stick door handles onto glass doors and once set and cured you really do have a job to remove whatever you have stuck.

Carl

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DIY content….sorry :-)’ is closed to new replies.