Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DIY building warrant and Edinburgh Builder?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I wanna fit an ensuite bathroom, will need a macerator & new plumbing into rainwater waste. Lat building work I did I paid HOW MUCH??? to a consultant to draw & submit the app, he then did a **** job and ****ed off. Is it easy to do oneself (I am time-rich just now)? Any tips?

Any recommendations for a builder? I had a good one but he seems to be focusing on big jobs now (and ignoring my calls)

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve had a few wee jobs done on my mothers house Al. Builder was Moncrieff (Mr Leslie). Not much to compare it too, but they seem capable of providing a quote and getting the work done without too much hassle.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Meh. they is ignoring my calls. Who told them?

Anyway…any more?

poly
    Free Member

Al, when people try to do legal stuff themselves, or using some sort of psuedolegal claims consultant, and it all goes a bit pete tong, your profession ususually scoffs and says should have used an expert. The same applies to building stuff. You can do it yourself, IF you know what you are doing, IF you don’t mind a bit of toing and froing with the inspector and IF you understand the system enough to get what you need when you need it.

Are you permitted to stick your waste down the rhone? I’m fairly sure that while that was how my student flat in edinburgh worked it wouldn’t be accepted on a new build…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have been advised as much by an experienced builder poly.

Any help out there?

turin
    Free Member

Al

Try Allied plumbing (Ian Robertson) 07711352774 while they are plumbers they can arrange for all of the other trades so that you are only dealing with them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks Turin. You have experience of them?

turin
    Free Member

I have been on some jobs they have done (im an electrician) and have been impressed with them.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers, will look them up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DIY building warrant and Edinburgh Builder?’ is closed to new replies.