Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Dixon prescription eyewear – anyone tried them?
  • squealingbrakes
    Free Member

I have been looking for some cheapish prescription specs. Not keen on inserts, so thought I was restricted to Optilabs, with Oakely being out of my budget.

Then I can upon some Dixon RX TAC-3 specs for only £95.

http://www.sports-sunglasses-eyewear.co.uk/html/tac-3_rx_sports_eyewear.html

I could only find two online retailers. The specs look OK although I am no fashion god. They are being sold as a sports spec with a possible bias towards skiing. They have some intesting features such as an options to interchage lens that I have not seen on presciption lens, and a easy conversion to goggles – although I am struggling to see when you need that for trail riding. Spare sets of lens are £60 each. Ie two sets lens for th price of 1 Optilabs.

Anybody any experience? Can't really find any independent comment or reviews on the web.

Whats the best all round lens tint – yellow? – and good to have a spare set of clear lenses for the winter?

hora
    Free Member

Yellow I reckon- its the default lens I use in my Adidas Evil Eye- I hate these as they make me look really special.

hora
    Free Member

Another thing- avoid prescription inserts. Fiddly etc etc.

z1ppy

They don't look half bad, though the price does seem maybe a litte too reasonable, I can't even get my normal (non-tinted) glasses reglassed for that price. Oh and yeah, persciption inserts are a nightmare – avoid

hora
    Free Member

z1ppy – those picture are definitely prescription NOT with inserts to be added? What model number is that and can they come in a light yellow tint?

(I might order as Im sick of the Evil Eyes).

z1ppy

dunno I assume so, only followed the link from above

"This eyewear has an interchangeable lens feature and a wide choice of tinted lenses, including mirror coated, polarized, light reacting, green golfing lenses, and category 2 to 4 lenses."

At least you EE are still working, the insert 'rubberished' mounting has fallen to pieces on my Adidas sunglasses (for the 2nd time)

squealingbrakes
    Free Member

The specs don't need inserts according to the blurb. I am sceptical how easy it is to swop lenses. Non-pres lens are thin and flexy, a pres lens tends to be thick and non-flexy – ie difficult to locate and snap in a lip in a frame – but I stand to be corrected!

The website gives you an option to buy non-prescrip frame and lens set up to try out, then return for money back or to get lenses manufactured. I might just try this. Get a better feel for quality then

z1ppy

If you do, update the thread plz.

saleem
    Free Member

Yes please update at I see **** all when I wear normal shades which is why I've been trying to sell them, end up just wearing my glasses and squinting with the sun in my eyes, which other options are there, cheers

squealingbrakes
    Free Member

Looks like I'm going to be the guinea pig then!

saleem
    Free Member

How much are Oakelys,compared to these they can't be much more are they??

squealingbrakes
    Free Member

Precription Oakleys are in the region of £225 to £350. Dixon £95. Big difference particularly if you have a habit of breaking or losing them!

saleem
    Free Member

**** big money, might just have to carry on squinting for a while.

aP
    Free Member

I find inserts fine and it means that I can change lenses easily, although for 95% of the time I use Rudy Project impactx photochromic red lenses.

user-removed
    Free Member

There's these for £69 with a 2nd pair free;

FUGLY

Used the company for a normal pair of specs with no problems – they also offer the option of trying them out for a while before buying.

showerman
    Free Member

love the video on how he changes the lens glasses go out of shot so you cannot see how he does it good value for money i must say…have a pair off oakleys i cannot use now as my eyes have got worse and cannot be arsed to pay 200notes for new lenses

saleem
    Free Member

User-removed, there like the ones from Watchmen, FUGLY is being polite.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Dixon prescription eyewear – anyone tried them?’ is closed to new replies.