Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Divorced, what did you do with your pictures?
  • saleem
    Free Member

Got all the wedding pics in the loft in the leather case they came in, wedding rings in it too just in case the kids want them when they’re older, if not I’ll make them into a flip book in reverse so I’ll see her walk back down the aisle get into the car a f-off leaving me in peace and with all my hair.

Torminalis
    Free Member

if not I’ll make them into a flip book in reverse so I’ll see her walk back down the aisle get into the car a f-off leaving me in peace and with all my hair

Genius.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Left the wedding albums with the former Mrs MM.
    There’s the odd photo in the ‘box in the attic’ which feature said lady, I’d not bin them, that was then, this is now – and, in the ‘now’ the preset MrsMM does not have an issue with the pictures being there – it was, after all, a part of my life..
    Still deciding what to do with the wedding ring though – sat in the same box of memories – no reason whatsoever that I want to keep it – just seems a shame to ‘weigh it in’ for just scrap value…

OP – my thoughts – if you were going to ‘torch the lot’ i’m guessing you’d have done it by now, stick em in a box, out of the way for now. If you come back to them in the years to come, and chose to bin them then, then fair enough..

b_man
    Free Member

Problem is all my photo’s from our 7 years of marriage are stored on my work computer hard drive, so to keep em would mean spending ages moving them onto a file storage site or external hard drive… not sure I can be bothered…

Still the delete key does not hold as much satisfaction as a conflagration

ahh, I always wanted to use that word in a sentence…

RS4KEV

Still the delete key does not hold as much satisfaction as a conflagration

ahh, I always wanted to use that word in a sentence…

damn, had to google that

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Not divorced but split after 9yrs, 8 of which we lived together & got engaged.
    Deleted any pics on the PC after she had copied the ones she wanted.

Engagement ring went into a tarn as i rode past it one evening – made a nice, final, ‘splash’.

DCW
    Free Member

I binned 9 years worth of photo’s following a break up, pretty much the whole photographic record of the 90’s ended up in landfill. Hated my ex at the time and thought it was the best thing to do to get over it all. 10 years later I so wish I didn’t do that as I have nothing to show for parties, birthdays, christmas’s and nothig of friends and family.

Advice to the OP – box them up and store them away, you might just regret throwing them away in years to come.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

relationships – the route of all evil!

bazzer
    Free Member

Not sure I could erase someone I loved for so long from my life as easily as some of you guys !!!

Bazzer

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

relationships – the route of all evil!

and the meaning of life
    without relationships aren’t we just toy-fiddlers ?

KT1973
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    (Anyone on STW not divorced?? )

I have pics of an ex-girlfriend, if the wife found them I would be!!

Share the love Dez and let us be the judges, since that staement is meaningless without pics. I take it they’re fairly saucy? 😈

momo

This is quite a good thread, in fact I was thinking of posting a similar one myself.

My fiancee walked out on me 2 weeks ago today, with just under 3 months until the wedding date. I’ve just put all the photo’s of us/her into a box along with other setimental things from our time together (including her engagement ring, but thats because I’ve not got around to having it valued yet!) so that I can decide what I want to do with them once I’m in a better place mentally.

Luckily the jewelers have agreed to take the wedding rings back for a full refund (there’s no emotional attatchment to the rings for me, I never had chance to wear it!)

marsdenman
    Free Member

My fiancee walked out on me 2 weeks ago today, with just under 3 months until the wedding date

feel for you Momo – only wish the previous MrsMM had done the same – she left it ’til 6 weeks after the wedding to announce that it was perhaps not the best thing to have done… 🙄

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I have a fair few photo’s in different albums that I could never see the point in sorting or throwing.

Just about all the pics I have are digital and on the computer. Never felt the need to hide or delete them. Every so often when the kids are watching random slideshows on media centre an ex will pop up on the screen. Really should move them to a different folder 😆

Have my wedding ring in a box with a load of cuff links in at work. Every now and then I try it on to see if my fingers are getting fat…

JCornford

She was just the practice wife anyway!

mrclean
    Free Member

i recently put all the pics( many of them) of my ex and me in a padded envelope and put them thru her family home letter box. But had to be said i couldnt help putting in all the letters,wee trinkets and everything with shared memorys attached in too. i shold have binned them really but i have to admit i wanted to tug on a few heartstrings – as soon as id done it i felt releif then guilt id added the letters,jewelery ect in it too!! it was petty of me after 9 years.

worse of all i didnt realise the price you get for gold nowadays !!!

KT1973
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that momo- but keep the chin up and be positive and you’ll meet someone else

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well I’ve not been married but I have a handful of pics of ex-es from some time back on my flickr site. I think it’s different when you look back over the years, and think well there were quite a lot of good times and even the really tough times were learning times too so it’s always good to be positive (even though I certainly haven’t been in the past). Maybe marriage is different though?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Kept most of mine, although she had the wedding photos (no idea if she still has them).
    I’ve got box fulls of pictures from over the years with god knows how many ex girlfriends in them, can’t see any reason to ditch them and the wife doesn’t care so they’ll sit in the loft and for years probably and i’ll get them out for a laugh every now and then i’d imagine.

cinnamon_girl

Well, this thread has been most enlightening. 🙂

Ex-husband has got all the photos, including the baby ones. 🙁 It’s just not the sort of thing you can agree on, is it?

Mind you, I still have the wedding ring. Suppose I should do something with it, suggestions please. 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mind you, I still have the wedding ring. Suppose I should do something with it, suggestions please.

Make it into nipple rings? Just a suggestion like

cinnamon_girl

Really TJ, I’m just not that kind of gal! And too much of a wuss also

CountZero

Not married, and, sadly, not many photos of exes, but the ones I have I treasure, as they were, and are friends, and there are memories attached that I do not want to lose. Anyone taking me on does so understanding that I remained friends with virtually all my ex girlfriends, there are several I don’t know the whereabouts anymore, but there was no animosity anyway. Maybe that’s the difference, my girlfriends were, most importantly, friends, and remain so. To be otherwise would upset me greatly. I recently came across some slides taken at Christmas around 79/80 at my then girlfriend Kim’s family home, and one included her dad, who died some years back. I’m going to scan them and send them to her. She’s been my best friend for thirty years and will be thrilled to have them.

EdwardH

If all I had lost when getting divorced had been photographs then I would have been laughing.

My ex and I split up while I was working away, I eventually tracked the few belongings of mine she didnt give away or throw away to a storage depot about 50 miles away from where we were living. And then it was mostly furniture neither of us liked or a couple of bags of mouldy clothes.

The wedding ring is somewhere in the Bohai sea.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

This thread is fascinating, heartbreaking and horrifying in equal measure.

I don’t think I ever want to marry now, I’m ‘only’ 30 though so I guess there’s time for a change of heart.

Sorry to hear what you’re going through momo. I had a medium calibre girlfriend go rogue on me earlier this year, nothing compared to what you’re going through though. Better that you found out now rather than later or (God forbid) after.

DCW
    Free Member

@ Edward – Jeez, she must have hated you!!

plumber
    Free Member

I scanned all photos including the wedding album and have them on an external hard drive. Don’t look at them really but I wouldn’t want to loose them as it was an inportant part of my life – in terms of the travelling we did.

And I found some video of an ex-GF the other day that I can’t remember taking – so much spunk on her face, I was very proud 😀

Plum

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

You Tube link, you know the drill. 😈

plumber
    Free Member

Not a chance 👿

DCW
    Free Member

@ Plumber – Seeing as though you couldn’t remember making the video are you sure the ‘harry’ is yours?

Blackhound

I kept a number to give to our daughter when she was older – she is still not quite settled though. I was going to chuck them years ago but a neignbour suggested our daughter might like them, otherwise they would have been dumped years ago.

cinnamon_girl

bravehotel9er – no no, don’t be put off by comments from a few of us jaded souls. We are continually evolving as people and many of us come out of these experiences as a much better person.

Actually, I’ve just realised, the only photo I have is of my departed beloved dog.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Divorced, what did you do with your pictures?’ is closed to new replies.