Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • divinci dexter???
  • daftvader
    Free Member

morning…
    to my surprise i had never looked at these bikes and i am liking the look of the dexter… Any one got one and how do they ride?
    Cheers

geetee1972
    Free Member

From accounts of people that own them, they ride very quickly. Call and talk to Joe at Freeborn, he can fill you in.

daftvader
    Free Member

been looking at their website and looks good, will be making a trip to see them can ride again (post op on wrist)as they are only an hour away

daftvader
    Free Member

bump for the evening people…..

bigdaddy

I know the Freeborn guys well and love Devincis, although I don’t have a Dexter. Come out with us and test one on a Sunday morning at Pitch Hill, 8:30. As suggested, ring Joe at the shop and he’ll tell you more…

daftvader
    Free Member

yup spoke to joe this afternoon and he was thoroughly helpfull and nice chap. would love to come out on a sunday but currently unable to ride for (i hope, after 11 months off the bike!) a couple more weeks. then it’ll be road bike for a couple of months.. THEN i will be back off road (fingers sooooo tightly crossed)

geetee1972
    Free Member

Daftvader what did you do/had done to you; something with your wrist? I imagine that being off the bike was not the only curtailed activity that was hard to deal with. 😀

I broke my arm quite badly last October and as part of my return to the bike I did two things.

First was to lose a decent amount of weight, a project that is still ongoing and ongoing well. I did this just by dieting.

Second was to get a turbo trainer and do sessions around three times a week for a month before going outside.

Hope you’re back up and running soon.

jim76
    Free Member

Another vote for the Dexter – rode one of these a few times and loved it. It’s a very solid feeling, quite aggressive XC/Trail bike, extremely stiff laterally and corners like it’s on rails. The toptube drops away nicely, even on the large so there’s plenty of room to throw it about and get the wheels off the ground – Build quality is always nice on Devinci’s and the Canadian built lifetime guarantee is a nice touch. Most definately worth a demo if you want to be sure, and Freeborn currently have a great deal on Dexter full builds.

daftvader
    Free Member

cheers guys…

@geetee
    … its ok… it was my left wrist and i am right handed!!! 😉
    tore 3 ligaments. one of the tfcc ligaments, so they made the hole in it bigger, had another one cauterised and a further one left alone beacause its apparently a big ligament that can cope with it…
    cant do dieting, when i want to loose weight i just do more sport plus i have been using the turbo but not as much as i’d like/need.
    and thanks i should be up and riding again in a couple of weeks, may even go for a short ride on the road bike tomorrow

@jim
    … off to see the chaps at freeborn on thursday and have now decided that i may try the large wheel thing… possibly in carbon!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘divinci dexter???’ is closed to new replies.