Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Diversity awareness course?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

On the whole, I tend to prefer white people to any other colour, infact I’d go as far as to say whites are the cleaner, purer race. The other races are just not as good IMO. And if the situation requires it, I’m happy to put the other colours in their place.

Here’s the problem though: work have pulled me up about some remarks I made a couple of days ago. They told me my remarks were actually illegal, although the old “sticks and stones” adage would be applied in place of the rule of law.

Which basically means I’ve now got to put my hand in my pocket and pay seventy quid to go on the above course. So……

Anyone here been on one? As good as a speed awareness course? Do they serve coffee/lunch/biscuits?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve never even watched Britains got Talent.

Also,

I’m going on a troll awareness course………

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Edit: beaten to it

Teetosugars
    Free Member

🙄

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Come on, does know one else think this is a cop out?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/team-sky-suspend-moscon-over-racist-insults/

grum
    Free Member

What did he actually say?

aracer
    Free Member

Don’t forget you’re also suspended for 6 weeks even if you go on the course. I’m not quite sure what your correct punishment should be, but it doesn’t seem to be a complete cop out.

scotroutes

It’s Sky, innit? Their implementation of Zero Tolerance is a bit elastic.

inkster
    Free Member

SKKKY

gobuchul
    Free Member

He’s an Italian.

Have you ever spent much time with them?

I’ve worked with a lot and have been shocked by a number of different people and occasions, what has come out of their mouths.

Think along the lines of a 1970’s working mans club comedian.

This from previously decent, likeable and reasonable people.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Black guy playing football for Pescara in Italy reported racial abuse to the ref at the weekend. The ref booked him! 😕

inkster
    Free Member

Utterly deplorable from Macron, Sky and UCI.

YMMV, and if it does, may I suggest Breitbart as a suitable platform to indulge in any whataboutery.

gobuchul
    Free Member

YMMV, and if it does, may I suggest Breitbart as a suitable platform to indulge in any whataboutery.

I wasn’t defending anyone. I just wasn’t surprised that an Italian holds racist views.

inkster
    Free Member

not aimed at you Gorbachul,

I’m just a little wary of any attempt to provide context in relation to this ‘incident’ as Prudhome calls it [thus implying the blame is to be shared] I find this disgusting.

Reza should not have to be put in the position of having to accept an apology or not. Sky’s exploiting this in their spin is revolting.

The op’s post isn’t trolling, it’s satire. I’m guessing that, like me, the op didn’t want to repeat the actual words used by Macron, suffice to say the words he used were as bad as can be, they could only be worse if they were to be said twice, which Macron duly did, thus to confirming it was no slip of the tongue and that his sentiments were heartfelt and absolute.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Well played by SKY’s PR department.
    Suspend a rider for 6 weeks that’s had quite a busy run of racing recently and is probably due a 6 week rest/training block

martinhutch

Is there a estimated figure for the number of watts it takes to suppress racist thoughts during a race versus expressing them freely? Could be a marginal loss overall.

BadlyWiredDog

Grivko got pretty much the same punishment for punching Kittel a few months back. Like it or not, cycling and other sports don’t seem to operate in the same universe as more conventional workplaces.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Diversity awareness course?’ is closed to new replies.