Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ditching SKY TV
  • Harry_the_Spider

The price is extortionate and the SKY+ box is on its last legs.

We want premiership football, Disney XD and free to air stuff. Currently paying £53 a month.

Anyone recommendations?

Sandwich

NowTV or Amazon Fire box and pay for what you want?

curvature
    Free Member

I left Sky one year ago.

I have just gone back them. The who user interface is better and their HD channels are in my opinion broadcast at a higher bandwidth than Virgin.

I’m pay £36 a month for TV, Broadband and Phoneline for the first 6 months. It the goes up to £46

langylad
    Free Member

Left and went to BT a few months ago (we were paying 80 quid a month). Internet is faster but the sport is pretty crap and the search menus aren’t as intuitive as sky.
    Having said that i only watch the cricket and rugby, and if you get a now tv box you can get a weeks sky sport pass for a tenner, and i am much happier not paying to support murdoch’s evil empire

Alini
    Free Member

Per some comments above, left sky because the monthly fee got crazy.

Use BT youview on infinity, £10 pm mid range package. BT sports is free with the broadband package, so I get rugby union coverage, plus Eurosport / ITV4 for cycling. Looks like you get a decent amount of footie on BTS now too.

My main concern was missing out on True Detective S2, plus rugby league coverage. I use nowTV to opt in when I want to – i was pleasantly surprised by nowTV as you can get access to box sets, etc, so may carry on with the ents pack once TD2 is over.

So overall gone from £80+ pm down to basic of about £17, with additional sports passes when I need em.

I’m happy.

daniel_owen_uk
    Free Member

Threaten to leave…

Customer retention means a lot to them. Did this last year and got a 10% offer immediately, still went through with it (30 days notice period), 3rd week got a 30% offer, still went through with it and they let me cancel….

Rejoin offer was on my sky webpage 10 minutes after they cancelled, 50% off for 12 months no contract.

Harry_the_Spider

Hmmm… thinking of going to BT with a top up to Sky Sports. Already got my broadband and phones with them.

Caher

…thinking the same about Virgin.

Harry_the_Spider

no Virgin service near me.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

just in the process of going from Sky to BT infinity, mainly as the broadband speed will increase, not fussed about the TV however Champions League + a few Premiership matches without paying for a sports channel seems a nice touch, – had the whole package with Sky however rarely watch anything thats not on Terrestrial, True Detective on sky, but that can be found easy enough online, same with films,

only time i watch Eurosport is for the Grand Tours, not looked if this is part of the package but can easily buy a monthly pass

halved our bill with a 10x increase in BB speed

dirtyrider
    Free Member

haha, now 3 days after switching i find my broadband seemingly capped at 0.5 meg, sky cannot escalate the issue as I’m in the process of switching providers,

anyone else had this issue

MoreCashThanDash

Threaten to leave…

This

Mate does it every couple of years, they usually put him on new deal at a lower price each time.

ski
    Free Member

Sky will never leave you alone. Expect monthly letters, offers, for the rest of your life!

Cougar

We want premiership football, Disney XD and free to air stuff. Currently paying £53 a month.

Anyone recommendations?

Find a cheaper but more interesting sport to follow? (-:

edhornby

do you only watch one team or all the matches? if it’s the former then watching in the pub could be the answer

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ditching SKY TV’ is closed to new replies.