Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Disturbing toads
  • chambord
    Free Member

I have a bamboo in the garden which is overgrown, out of control and I want to thin it out. Prodding around, I found this chap (And his friend in the background)

Is it OK to disturb these at this time of the year or will I condemn them to certain death?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You can’t do no worse than I did last week, as I accidentally took one out with the lawnmower 🙁

thecaptain
    Free Member

Toads must be happily up and about at this time of year. So long as it’s got somewhere dampish to hide it will be fine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sweepy
    Free Member

I hit a toad strimming the garden once, put it in the long grass and hoped for the best.
    Few months later I was out on a kayak and when I stopped for lunch found it in the kayak, few battle scars but otherwise fine.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Cut the bamboo high so he can’t kebab himself.
    He’s done his tadpole deed. Just hoping he doesn’t get eaten by the missus.

RustySpanner

My god, it really is toads, all the way down.

I was sure it was turtles.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I hit a toad strimming the garden once, put it in the long grass and hoped for the best.

My one was mortally wounded, so I grit my teeth and went over it again to put it out of it’s misery.

CountZero

Cute! I love toads, really lovely creatures! Spotted one late one night sitting right in the middle of the road, fortunately I had time to stop and picked it up and put it safely in a field the other side of a stone wall, which it would never have been able to climb.
    I love the way they’ll happily just sit in your hand without struggling, unlike frogs.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

They most certainly are! About four yrs ago was late-night cycling and I saw one stock-still centre of a towpath as I cut through the marshes in the fog. So stopped to gently move him out of harms way. He was doing that weird moon-gazing thing, all stiff and stare-y. Anyway turns out he finally moved very quickly and then raped my (index) finger. Couldn’t shift him, Bloody horrible little bastard. I’ll never forget it. (Shudder)*

*Edit – don’t get me wrong, I adore toads, just not in That Way.

Ambrose

Toads are great. In French, ‘Crapaud’ iirc.

RobHilton
    Free Member

These ones are quite disturbing

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7b4spjXhw[/video]

landslide

Not quite toads, but close…

145. Cold Snap

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Disturbing toads’ is closed to new replies.