Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Distasteful yes, but criminal enough for a heavy sentence?
  • allthepies
    Free Member

I’m not weeping for them,.

Jamie
    Free Member

Royal Barnes? Sounds like a village in Surrey.

5 years does seem a lot for being a ****wit, tho.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You have to wonder what part the glorification played in the sentence.

BBC headline in “misleading” shocker!

br
    Free Member

5 years does seem a lot for being a ****wit, tho.

If this a precedent, then the prisons ought to be rammed.

allthepies
    Free Member

They’ll be out in 2 yrs.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You have to wonder what part the glorification played in the sentence.

BBC headline in “misleading” shocker!

So for balance here is ITV’s take on the story :

Couple showed ‘total disregard for Lee Rigby’s family’

Quote :

A British couple jailed for glorifying the death of Fusilier Lee Rigby…….

aracer
    Free Member

Has anybody actually read the article? He wasn’t jailed for being distasteful or for being a ****wit, he was jailed for disseminating a terrorist publication and inciting murder. Given those crimes I’m struggling to see how 5 years is particularly unreasonable.

yossarian
    Free Member

Got to set an example haven’t we? Let them know we are serious.

garage-dweller

I assume what was presented in court gave the judge adequate grounds for such a hard sentence.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Fair enough Ernie, I guess most of them are at it.

Edukator
    Free Member

Is there really nothing more constructive they can do than sit in a cell? Working in decontamination, graffiti removal or such with the option of solitary confinement if they don’t work well. I’m not suggesting a chain gang but there has to be some more positive of way dealing with people who aren’t a danger to anyone without a computer.

CountZero

Is there really nothing more constructive they can do than sit in a cell? Working in decontamination, graffiti removal or such with the option of solitary confinement if they don’t work well. I’m not suggesting a chain gang but there has to be some more positive of way dealing with people who aren’t a danger to anyone without a computer.

H&S rules won’t let them, in case they hurt themselves.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m not suggesting a chain gang but there has to be some more positive of way dealing with people who aren’t a danger to anyone without a computer.

Its not like they would abscond though is it.I am sure they would do just as the infidel state says and play nice.

Its risky and expensive basically on practical grounds.
    Imagine you are the home secretary crims abscond commit crimes and you get blamed.

Has anybody actually read the article?

I have but it is annoying when the OP does not even give a snippet of what it is about.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And these days you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you’re English, don’t you ?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqINuomDU4[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

On one hand obviously incitement to murder is bad. On the other hands, the ugh is obviously a loopy fantasist and not even his friends paid attention to him.

PS Astra three door? He was obviously reaching out to the faithful rather than the greedy with that offer…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Genuinely, you struck me as reasonably intelligent up to now.

hora
    Free Member

People like the OP will take the BBCs sensational headline and put more weight on that than the actual event huh.

Incitement to murder is a bloody serious crime OP BTW 😉

gobuchul
    Free Member

The post, created on 12 June 2013, stated: “Any1 who kills an invading soldier in Muslim land I will give them a Vauxhall Astra 3door and money (French British American any kaffir soldier take ur pick).”

As biazzre as that may be, (a 3 door Astra FFS!) it is incitement to murder and is a serious crime.

Those NI lot also need locking up, absolute scum.

backinireland
    Free Member

Got a lot of coverAge over here. Some folk thought they could identify family pets being killed on vids.
    Disappointing for those that worked hard investigating to get that result and then to have nose s rubbed in it by their celebrations

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Distasteful yes, but criminal enough for a heavy sentence?’ is closed to new replies.